Award System

Started by swaggaderby, September 17, 2014, 03:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swaggaderby

Hello Everyone,please am creating a fone forum for fone problem and i would want an award system that gives point for every question answered....but the only i was able to find is this http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3239 ....a little help out please thanks alot

Ninja ZX-10RR

So? It should work O.o I can't see any question nor any problem really...
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

swaggaderby

lemme rephrase my question....i want a mod that will award point to people who answer question on the forum or something of sort....just like the pic attached

Ninja ZX-10RR

Then I don't see the problem since if I read the mod description I see this
Sixteen medals in total and are awarded automatically based on post count. Takes effect right away and also retrospectively. For example some members may have made many posts already prior to introduction of this mod. Not to worry. As soon as this mod is installed, all members will be awarded all medals they deserve.
To me, it will do that... Or at least it should :)
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

well, it would also award medals to any user who randomly posts...

https://github.com/Spuds/Member-Awards-3.0
allows for the assignment of awards by the admin
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ninja ZX-10RR

There is also this one that does it: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=539 :) or at least it should if I understood the description correctly :P

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

That is only good up to 2.0 RC2 - which means it is unlikely to work on 2.0.x
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

radu81

Or you could use a thank you mod ;)  try googling thank-o-matic
sorry for my bad english

Ninja ZX-10RR

I tried to install it and well after editing the xml it fails only once trying to edit display.php, I think it could be solved though :) so it could work IMHO :P
EDIT: after looking at the code it actually *should* work since the reason why it fails are that display.php has been slightly edited in the string contained in the "select" field, so adding before the modified string the mod's code should actually do the trick and make it work... Should.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: