Forum EXTREMELY slow, timing out, internal server errors, PLEASE HELP! <3

Started by Jade Elizabeth, September 18, 2014, 01:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

I don't know what's wrong, but myself and other members are constantly timing out, getting internal server errors, and overall it's just painful. I can provide a test account, or you can just sign up immediately and have a go (just post in the crazy corner please and ask that no one reply because you're a tech guy)

Issues/Symptoms:
1. Pages frequently time out, regardless of loading, posting, or performing an action.
2. Replying to a topic, marking it read, and loading any page at all can take over a minute (posting over 2).
3. I have to log into admin every 2 or 3 page loads and it's absolutely awful. Tried renaming cookie and clearing to no eval.
4. Every now and then I get an internal server error when it gives up trying to load a page.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
1. This happens more frequently at night for me (Melbourne AU after 5pm) or when one other person is on.
2. This happens more frequently for logged in members, one in particular has not been able to reply to a topic for weeks (admin).
3. All of my files have the correct CHMOD.

Load time examples (from right now):
Page created in 2.496 seconds with 18 queries. <Marking a topic read
Page created in 5.242 seconds with 35 queries. <Replying
Page created in 4.083 seconds with 50 queries. <Loading a topic
Page created in 15.19 seconds with 57 queries. <Loading a topic.
Page created in 71.07 seconds with 41 queries. <Loading a topic

Mods:
1.   Simple Audio Video Embedder   2.6
2.   Tapatalk SMF 2.0 Plugin   4.1.0
3.   Member Color Link   3.1
4.   Auto Merge Double Post   1.5
5.   Pretty URLs   1.1.2
6.   Mentions   1.1.1
7.   New Topic Button   1.0
8.   ENotify   2.0.2
9.   TopicStarter Mod   1.7
10.   Karma Description Mod   2.7.1
11.   Users Online Today   2.1
12.   Social Login   3.1
13.   httpBL   2.5.1
14.   Stop Spammer   2.3.9

Theme: Reseller (no changes yet that I can recall)

Error Log: Completely empty on on forum and server.

Internal Server Error: Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at <removed>

Linky: Awesome Crazy
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

kat

Hmmm... I registered, tortuous though it was. Dunno what theme I'm on, coz I can't seem to change it, in my profile.

I'm getting no hassles. The place is fair whippin' along.

http://www.jades-world.com/forums/crazy-corner/testing-6679/msg119936/#msg119936

MUCH faster than this place, that's for sure.

margarett

I loaded your 15 seconds topic in 0.752 seconds with 63 queries.

Did you try the same pages as admin, regular user and guest?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: K@ on September 18, 2014, 06:17:36 AM
Hmmm... I registered, tortuous though it was. Dunno what theme I'm on, coz I can't seem to change it, in my profile.

I'm getting no hassles. The place is fair whippin' along.

http://www.jades-world.com/forums/crazy-corner/testing-6679/msg119936/#msg119936

MUCH faster than this place, that's for sure.

If it's blue with this logo it's the right one:

Maybe you need to wait for a couple of people to be on? :/

Quote from: margarett on September 18, 2014, 07:41:49 AM
I loaded your 15 seconds topic in 0.752 seconds with 63 queries.

Did you try the same pages as admin, regular user and guest?

Yeah, it's slow for members and crippling for one admin, sometimes crippling for me too.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

kat

Just took another random look around...

"Page created in 0.836 seconds with 18 queries" seems typical. (Opera v12)

Anything similar between the posters? Browser, that kinda thing?

margarett

First you should check with your host what exactly is causing error 500 (I'm guessing max_execution_time exceeded)

If it's much slower for admins than it is for regular users, that means that something being loaded to admins only is jamming the process.

Do you have any custom code other than the mods you pointed?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

TheDragon

if only at certain times >?? then probably not your forum fault?
check your hosting company

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: margarett on September 18, 2014, 08:28:54 AM
First you should check with your host what exactly is causing error 500 (I'm guessing max_execution_time exceeded)

If it's much slower for admins than it is for regular users, that means that something being loaded to admins only is jamming the process.

Do you have any custom code other than the mods you pointed?

I actually don't this time. I did a whole clean install (overwrote everything and started fresh) because the forum has very low activity. So I don't want to be spending a tonne of time making it fancy again.

I will monitor it and let you guys know what times I'm getting. See if it's getting any better.

kat

Advertisement: