News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Need Help Modifying Link Tree

Started by dopeitspaul, September 18, 2014, 02:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dopeitspaul

Hey everyone, I need help making modifying the link tree.
When I'm the "Post reply" page (page after clicking a reply button on a thread)

Seen here:

I wanna know if I can remove the "Re:" before the topic title. I just want the topic title displayed without it.

Also, when I'm on the "start a new topic" page. I wanna know how I can remove the italicize and just make it normal.

Seen here

Any help? thanks!

kat

Does anybody (Other than you, obviously) even notice that stuff?

Is it worth all the effort to achieve what you want?

I'm not being funny, honest. It just seems a lot of work for something that nobody's ever going to notice, to me...

Burke ♞ Knight

As it is only showing that, when posting a reply to a post, where the topic would be with the RE: then I'd say there is no way, as it's designed to show the topic of the post's reply.

If change the subject line, then hit Preview, you will see that it changes to whatever the subject line is changed to.

That is due to SMF displaying the subject line for the post reply that is being done, not the topic title, as you are posting or editing a reply, not the original first post.

dopeitspaul

Quote from: BurkeKnight on September 18, 2014, 06:18:22 AM
As it is only showing that, when posting a reply to a post, where the topic would be with the RE: then I'd say there is no way, as it's designed to show the topic of the post's reply.

If change the subject line, then hit Preview, you will see that it changes to whatever the subject line is changed to.

That is due to SMF displaying the subject line for the post reply that is being done, not the topic title, as you are posting or editing a reply, not the original first post.

It's fine. I knew it would be a long shot. Thought you guys would know. I'm going to just remove the "post reply" part.

As for the italic problem. I got it to work.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

There are mods that remove Re:. Check it in the mod page. That should give you some idea on how to remove it.

Advertisement: