News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Re: Fresh Install of 2.0.8 Themes don't work at all. Just displays text.

Started by panoptes, September 17, 2014, 08:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

panoptes

Same problem here too. Fresh install of 2.0.8: server meets full requirements, all permissions set as instructed. Three different browsers show text only, and my iPad shows the same. Weird...

Chalky

Panoptes, please start your own topic.  This one has already been marked solved so many people won't even look at it  :)

Kindred

you should start your own topic, as Chalky suggests... However, your issue, as originally stated is that your theme/css directory is either incorrectly pointed or inaccessible.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

panoptes

Thanks, to you and Chalky for your replies. I followed the install instructions, finished with no errors showing, checked all folder and file permissions, made sure all files had been FTP'd correctly. Looks like SMF just isn't going to work on my server.  :(

Arantor

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

panoptes

Problem solved. I found that the default path for themes was set to 127.0.0.1; pressed the 'reset thems' button and it was fixed. Thanks for your help!

Kindred

... and this is why we ask you to give us this sort of information up front. 
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

Random thought of the day: are you using PHP 5.5?

I have a feeling that there's a bug we squished in the 2.1 installer that may not have made it into the 2.0 installer related to this.

Advertisement: