News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Free] Private board

Started by DrBlack, September 18, 2014, 10:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrBlack

i want make the ( reports ) board in my forums like this..

only the creator of the topic + the admin see the topic
no one else can see it

thank you

Arantor

please no because that means I'll be expected to deal with the questions that will inevitably emerge and I *really* don't have the patience for that.

DrBlack

Arantor

That was kind of the point.

The mod suggested would do what you want. However it does so much more and since I'm the person who wrote it, I am easily the best qualified to explain how to configure it. Unfortunately I don't think that's a good idea.

DrBlack

Mmmm

i control a game.

and in Report board. when someone report me to a player do something wrong.
he start to insult him and trolling.

so i need to make the reports private . ( to be me and the report person ) look at this. to prevent problems doing between players.

i was have this in my old vBulletin forum.
but i found SMF . its better in apperance .and have many good things

so i really hope found this thing.
because all the game depend on this

thank you

Arantor

And the helpdesk would do that. The problem is, it's very complicated to set up and I don't want to confuse you with it because it would do that, and I really do not have enough patience to do this.

Kindred

Here's the deal...   there is a mod (SimpleDesk) which essentially does what you are asking (but also does a WHOLE LOT MORE)

However, using it requires a certain amount of basic understanding how systems work and how permissions should be set up. You have, repeatedly, dem,onstrated a distinct LACK of such understanding...

Other than that, though...   you are trying to do something that is contrary to the very nature of a FORUM, and hence is not something supported by SMF itself without modification.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

that is what arantor is talking about that he does not want to help the op configure to do what they want.

Kindred

Yes, Illori.  I am aware of that - I have read the posts above.

However, the OP obviously need to have everything spelled out before he even comes close to understanding.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: