News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Making custom header..

Started by Goldengirl71, September 18, 2014, 11:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldengirl71

..and my theme is XPtsp, site name seniorsriot.com.

I don't want to mess with the theme much because it is just so great as it is.  Can someone tell me if I can somehow just change the lettering in the header of XPtsp?  Heres a photo of the title area as it is now;) (attached)

Thanks in advance for any help;)

denise

mashby

Likely a two-step process:
1. Change this physical image:
http://seniorsriot.com/Themes/xptsp/images/theme/logo.png
2. Depending on the image dimensions of the updated image, you might need to adjust this as well:

#logo {
    cursor: pointer;
    display: block;
    height: 113px;
    position: absolute;
    right: 10px;
    top: 5px;
    width: 400px;
}

Specifically the height and width.

Normally, you should ask in the support topic for the theme, but I'm helping you anyway. :)
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Mr.Truckman

Goldengirl71

Thanks to both of you, I am still learning to navigate this site, but after I asked the question, I found the instruction in the theme itself, duh, sorry bout that.  I mean when I login as admin, I can go to themes and layout, then admin>configuration>themes and layout>modify themes>edit this themes style-sheets.

I went ahead and wrote that in above so it might help others find it as well.  Again, I do appreciate your help so much, but yes, I need to look harder for the answers on my own first;)

Denise;)

Goldengirl71

Quote from: Mr.Truckman on September 18, 2014, 11:44:13 AM
Add url logo you site  ;D

Oh yes, if I am understanding you, make the logo a link.  I'll just have the forum is all so I don't know whether I'll make it a link or not, thank you much for your help:) denise

Arantor

Well... I can make the image for you - if you want the same style as the XPtsp text currently is (I would just need to know what the text should say)

Goldengirl71

Quote from: mashby on September 18, 2014, 11:37:26 AM
Likely a two-step process:
1. Change this physical image:
http://seniorsriot.com/Themes/xptsp/images/theme/logo.png
2. Depending on the image dimensions of the updated image, you might need to adjust this as well:

#logo {
    cursor: pointer;
    display: block;
    height: 113px;
    position: absolute;
    right: 10px;
    top: 5px;
    width: 400px;
}

Specifically the height and width.

Normally, you should ask in the support topic for the theme, but I'm helping you anyway. :)

Oh geez, it's scarey what an amateur I am, but I so wanted to do this, so here I am;)  I see that CSS is just colors, the look of the site, not the actual text etc.  So yes, I will head over to the "theme" support here:)  thanks Mashby, Denise

Goldengirl71

Quote from: Arantor on September 18, 2014, 01:12:52 PM
Well... I can make the image for you - if you want the same style as the XPtsp text currently is (I would just need to know what the text should say)

That's really a kind offer Arantor, I think I will try it myself, just to see if I can do it as I might want it just a little different.  I know the dimensions now, and I am going to use my Inkscape.  I made some neat, gold, glowing text, although I don't think I want anything that bright.  I'll post on the right board on this topic from now on, so that's where I'll be as far as further questions;)  Thanks again, you have nice people here, including yourself;) Denise

Arantor

Any time :)

(Technically, all I was going to do was use GIMP with the Cool Metal plugin, which is all the original designer did ;))

Goldengirl71

I have GIMP, it is awesome, but I am not as familiar with it as Inkscape.  I'm just not positive if I want it the same yet:) If I do, I may take you up on your offer.  I HAVE to go grocery shopping this a.m. yuck, so won't be back to work until after that.

I don't expect you to have time later though Arantor, so if I decide to go with the same logo/diff. lettering, I will "ask" if you have the time;) Denise ;)

Advertisement: