News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Can't send email "newsletters" 2.0.8

Started by Ed2, September 18, 2014, 06:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed2

This subject has been posted many times...but I haven't found a response with a fix.  We can send PM's to members, but can't send newsletters via SMF 2.0.8.

Can anyone help...

Thanks

-edit-
Fixed topic title, no need to use caps.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ed2

Quote from: Kindred on September 18, 2014, 06:32:28 PM
Is your forum sending ANY emails?

None...tried a single and still nothing.

Once I complete the message and hit send, it counts down with the percentage windows etc. Then the screen below pops up for just a second or two and disappears.

BTW: The don't send to members block is not checked.

Night09

Who is your forums mail provider?

Yahoo banned outside connections and gmail you need to lower security settings in gmail control panel to allow login.

Did the mail ever work? If not what are your forums settings including port ect if relevant. Dont put the password here.

Ed2

Quote from: Night09 on September 18, 2014, 06:45:56 PM
Who is your forums mail provider?

Yahoo banned outside connections and gmail you need to lower security settings in gmail control panel to allow login.

Did the mail ever work? If not what are your forums settings including port ect if relevant. Dont put the password here.

I'm using "Godaddy" , haven't contacted them yet, but from other member posts on this subject of the same exact problem...Godaddy seems to point their finger at SMF, and SMF points to Godaddy.

Ninja ZX-10RR

GoDaddy sucks if you search in the whole forum you will find MANY people blaming them for misconfiguring their servers and/or for their support team saying BS... :(
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

I can confirm that there is something distinctly wrong on the godaddy phpmail service.
One site that I manage is on  godaddy, and it fails to send pm notifications 80% or more of the time.   New member notifications come through to the admins.. But not pm notifications.  Since we don't use newsletters, I can not confirm whether they get sent or not.

This is why I asked you if ANY mails are going out at all for your site.  If some are and some are not, then there are a few possible causes to look at.  If none are going out, then it is either a bad configuration in smf admin or a bad server setup
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ed2

Attached a pic of my settings...does this help?

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on September 19, 2014, 06:48:14 AM
...I asked you if ANY mails are going out at all for your site.  If some are and some are not, then there are a few possible causes to look at.  If none are going out, then it is either a bad configuration in smf admin or a bad server setup
Слaва
Украинi

Ed2

Quote from: Kindred on September 19, 2014, 08:20:18 AM
Quote from: Kindred on September 19, 2014, 06:48:14 AM
...I asked you if ANY mails are going out at all for your site.  If some are and some are not, then there are a few possible causes to look at.  If none are going out, then it is either a bad configuration in smf admin or a bad server setup

As I stated...no emails going out ..not even a single.  I submitted the previous screen shot to show my SMF configuration...is it the wrong screen shot?

This topic has been posted in other areas, I responded to one and was scolded for hijacking the post...several people have stated they have the same problem...but not one response has come up with any solutions.

Obviously I do not have the technical knowledge to fix the problem....just looking for a fix.

Thanks

Night09

If as Kindred stated Godaddy are having issues with others too it may be simpler to set up an email account somewhere else and use the SMTP settings instead.

If it is Godaddys side there is very little anyone here can do for you. On the settings side theres nothing else to configure other than those shown in the screenshot you posted.

Illori

on the server settings page in the admin panel is the email address there on the same domain as your forum? if not it is best to have them match.

Advertisement: