Problem with Attachments and posts disappearing

Started by pirc-bw, September 18, 2014, 11:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pirc-bw

This evening some are experiencing a problem where they begin a new topic and attach an image.  After clicking post, the thread never appears.  Also images posted by one person are being shown as being posted by someone else.

In my moderator's private forums I replied to a comment about this problem.  When I hit post an image appeared as if I had attached it myself.  It's not even on my computer.  The person who had posted it had tried unsuccessfully three times.

I don't know if this is related to the board or my hosting. 

Any suggestions are welcome.

Merlene
Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 2.0.16
Current SMF version: SMF 2.0.16
www.bw-forums.com

Ninja ZX-10RR

Well from the way you say it it seems that you didn't change anything and if this is correct then the problem is definitely server-side. Ask your host if they changed anything. ;)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

margarett

This is *seriously* awkward...

As Ninja says, if you changed nothing, it's probably on the server. But why such behavior would occur is beyond me...
As for the missing posts: go to phpmyadmin, table smf_messages and order it by id, descendent. You should have newer posts first. Check if any of those "missing messages" is there.

Now that I think about it, it does make some sense... The user tried to post a message and it "disappears" but the attachment stays there, associated to the latest post created (which wasn't really created). Then you create a post and it gets the ID that was supposed to be from that previous post and BANG, you have an attachment that isn't yours :P

It's strange, though. MySQL shouldn't just scrap a new record without any errors... And why does it add the record to smf_attachments but not to smf_messages is even more strange...

Try to run SMF's maintenance tasks, maybe something is found...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pirc-bw

Test account access as follows:
User = Test Member
Password = letmein

SMF
Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 2.0.7 (more detailed)
Current SMF version: SMF 2.0.8
GD version: bundled (2.1.0 compatible)
MySQL version: 5.5.14-log
PHP: 5.3.28
Server version: Apache

Merlene
Version Information:
www.bw-forums.com

pirc-bw

We are also seeing people being told their post can't be completed because they are on moderation.  No one on my board is on moderation.

Additionally all the error logs show this message.  I am guessing this means that the board is assuming that there's been nothing put in the Message area.  I know our posters are not forgetting that.
http://bw-forums.com/index.php?topic=2966.0Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message2: max() [<a href='function.max'>function.max</a>]: Array must contain at least one elementApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /services17/webpages/util/o/e/oe2z8vqc.myutilitysite.com/public/Sources/Display.php
Line: 828

Then there's this that keeps cropping up for my moderators...
Merlene
Version Information:
www.bw-forums.com

margarett

Username does not exist (yet it worked for a bit...)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

pirc-bw

Merlene
Version Information:
www.bw-forums.com

pirc-bw

I am seeing this Critical Error in the logs.  Please someone tell me what it is and how to correct it.

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URLhttp://bw-forums.com/index.php?topic=2965.0Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same messageWrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_msg)
Function: DisplayApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /services17/webpages/util/o/e/oe2z8vqc.myutilitysite.com/public/Sources/Display.php
Line: 842
Merlene
Version Information:
www.bw-forums.com

margarett

I see you marked this as solved, can we know what was going on and how did you fix it? ;)

pirc-bw

I had my hosting reset my database.  Once that was done all the problems went away.
Merlene
Version Information:
www.bw-forums.com

Advertisement: