News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Is there a way to present the user with a popup for more smilies?

Started by Red Squirrel, September 19, 2014, 05:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Squirrel

I am working on converting an old IPB 1.x forum to SMF and it seems SMF does not have any kind of option when posting for the user to get a popup with a list of smileys that are extra than the ones that are in the post box.  My old forum has something like 900 smileys so I don't want every single one of those present on the post box.  Is there such option or will I have to code that?  In fact I don't recall but maybe I had to code the one on the old forum too... it has a search feature too.

In the admin panel it talks about a [more] button but not sure where that is?  I don't see that anywhere.

radu81

You can show some smilies on the editor and some in popup. You need to modify the smile and then choose where to show it: popup, editor or hidden
sorry for my bad english

Red Squirrel

Ohh I think I found that now.  Seems that sets hidden to 2 in DB.  But I did that manually and they were still not showing up but oddly if I just click OK in the smileys settings it "refreshes" the changes I did in the DB.  I see the more button now and they're all there.  Perfect!

I'll implement my search feature later on.

Illori

admin -> smileys and message icons -> settings check enabled customized smileys then you can correctly set them to the popup on the set smiley order page and it should show the [more] link to the users.

Red Squirrel

Yep got it working now, thanks.  In my case I had to do it via DB given I have about 800 smileys.  I still need to import the ones from my other forum too and then have my script check for duplicates but should be good to go for the rest.

Advertisement: