News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Attechements and slow internet connections

Started by oroedel, September 19, 2014, 07:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Because it is very, very different to what you think it is, that's why. Including there are some additional technical considerations regarding the server handling such things reliably. The legal barrier is just another side criteria making it even more unlikely to happen.

oroedel

OK, now I have to accept, if it is too complicated to implement.
The legal side, for me, isn´t an argument, you can always use a knife to make food or to kill.

But, is there no way to implement a more "intelligent" way to upload the files. I mean id OneDrive, FileZilla etc. can do the job, why not smf?

Kindred

because - whatever YOU may think about the legal implications -- WE, as the software designers have to think carefully about such things.

and, after we think about that we have to decide whether it is even worth the effort to do it.
Given that you are the first person to even ask about it, it doesn't seem like a highly desired functionality, and there are much better uses for our coding time and resources. (and, your demanding attitude about it is not encouraging anyone to help)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

oroedel

I´m sorry that you feel offended, I only asked about a feature that would be important for me and poeple who have a slow internet connection.
I don´t want to discuss copyright issues cause this a question of law, not coding.

And remember we have a language "barrier" so please be kind with poeple who did not speak your "language" at all.

Advertisement: