domain2 email sent via domain1

Started by elTopo, September 19, 2014, 11:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elTopo

Hi,
I have two domains hosted together, say soulmusic.gr [nofollow] and cookingschool.support [nofollow] (new TLD)
(the two domain names mentioned here are imaginary, just for the example)

soulmusic.gr is the main domain hosted in ./httpdocs
cookingschool.support is hosted in ./cookingschool.support/httpdocs

Everything seems to work perfect.

I have just installed SMF on cookingschool.support [nofollow]

the forum email is [email protected]

When someone is registered he gets a welcome email by smf but Gmail notes that the email has been sent "via" the other domain!!

something like this: from: [email protected] via soulmusic.gr [nofollow]

But why?

I tested and when I send email from the new domain using the webmail, Gmail doesn't show that "via soulmusic.gr [nofollow]". It only appears when the email is sent by SMF!

The thing is, I don't want the two domains to appear connected in any way. I'd like SMF to send emails that don't appear to be sent "via soulmusic.gr [nofollow]". Exactly the way  the webmail does it.

I'd appreciate any help on this.

Kindred

That would probably be because you have set up the admin email using your other domain...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

That or because of how the mail server is set up... might be worth asking the host about it.

elTopo

I did contact them before I posted here. They checked and saw everything being ok (and like I said, when I send mail via the webmail server, all goes well) and said the problem probably lies with smf and that's why I asked here.

What am I to do?
:(

elTopo

I'll have a look about this:

Quote from: Kindred on September 19, 2014, 06:34:47 PM
That would probably be because you have set up the admin email using your other domain...

elTopo

I changed the webmaster email, once more, (in Settings.php) to some @outlook.com email, and still the same: when a new user is registered, in the email he gets, his gmail reads: [email protected] via (myotherdomain)

:-[

elTopo

Problem solved.

Apparently, the emails were sent via localhost.

I set the email in Maintenance » Mail » Settings using the right email server there.

:)

Advertisement: