News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.8 specific permissions help

Started by ZdenoK, September 19, 2014, 01:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZdenoK

Hey,
can anyone help me setting up permissions so that a user from specific membergroup is allowed to post a new topic in a certain board and he is able to view it but he is not able to view topics in that board posted by other users.

For example user John is new, he has just joined the forum and belongs in the Newbies group. John wants to write in Introduction board. I want John to be able to post in Introduction board but not be able to view topics posted by other users in there. So he can only access the topic he created in Introduction board. At the same time I want users who belong in a different member group (not Newbies) being able to view all the topics in Introduction board.

I really miss out this stuff with standard permissions in SMF, can somebody point me to a mod or manual solution?

Ninja ZX-10RR

Hi and
Do the replies after this post help? http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=437783.msg3744574#msg3744574
Besides it will be impossible to hide all the other presentation topics for the other newbies. The other things can be done the way I and many others explained in that topic :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

You are trying to do something which is not supported.

You can either post, or not... Read or not...  There is no way to make it not readable by only one membergroup.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on September 19, 2014, 05:35:39 PM
Besides it will be impossible to hide all the other presentation topics for the other newbies.
Wasn't it the same or am I wrong? :)

Or actually...
Quote from: Kindred on September 19, 2014, 06:28:26 PM
There is no way to make it not readable by only one membergroup.
If you exclude the board from the boards that a membergroup can see then you can do it, but you can't do it at post-level, that's what you meant, methinks, right? :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

Yes, that is what I meant, because that is what the op asked for...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

The reason it isn't done is purely performance related.

It has been done as mods before, but they raise issues with other mods. And then of course there is SimpleDesk...

ZdenoK

Thanks for your answers. I guess I will just give up on the idea then. (I've found some old mods but they are not supported with new version.)

Advertisement: