News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Viewing Smileys

Started by Goldengirl71, September 20, 2014, 12:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldengirl71

I am wondering if there is any way to see what is in a smiley package/mod before installing them?  I will attach 3 pics that have smileys I would like to find, but I do understand these may not be available on smf, or, may not work on my XPtsp theme.

Thank you for any assistance on this one:) Denise

Kindred

open the zip file of the smiley pack and view each individual file?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Goldengirl71

Ok Kindred,

For some reason I thought I would go directly to the install, but I will go do that.  I hate sounding so stupid but it might be because I am, LOL!! Thank you much for your reply;) Denise

kat

Most of those are on my site, if you want to use them/leech them. :)

http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/index.htm

Goldengirl71

You mean the ones I attached K??  Are they in the mods that are available to me here?  I would love to know the name of the packages.  I tried viewing them, and got sidetracked.  I'm going back to look at Kindreds instructions;)

I'm going to go look at your site, I have never done that yet, ty K;) Denise

PS Before I add any mods, I am going to consider another theme.  This one seems more attractive in that it looks fun and light hearted.  This theme K:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=1500 called Above the Clouds.  The only thing I see that might confuse my senior buddies is that "top of page" menu.  Maybe I could move it down without too much trouble.

ty much, Denise;) PS I'll start another thread where it belongs on modifying the menu;)

Goldengirl71

Quote from: K@ on September 20, 2014, 02:10:20 PM
Most of those are on my site, if you want to use them/leech them. :)

http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/index.htm

OMG, is that your site K??  Oh you have some WONDERFUL smileys, no cost?  I can definitely find some there.  Do you download them individually, or is there a package deal?  My fave is the "fart" shorts, LOL!!  Man, you are my kinda people, LOLLLLLLLLL!!

kat

Nope. Just meant that you could find and use them, if you want. For example, the images in your first screeny are on the "C" page on my site. (or is it "A"?)

Yeah, do what you like. No hassles.

Just link to them, in posts, like I do, thus...

[img]http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/c018.gif[/img][img]http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/a063.gif[/img]

Chalky

Sorry Denise, it looks like that Above the Clouds theme is not compatible with your version  :(  If you're running SMF 2.0.8 you need to choose a theme that's at least compatible with 2.0 RC5, though it's best to be on the safe side and choose only themes that specify compatible with 2.0 or above (all the RCs predate 2.0 final version).

I've thieved loads of K@'s smileys  :D  See the "Add Smiley" option in your admin panel  ;)

Goldengirl71

Oh thanks,

That admin panel is overwhelming, first time admin ever, LOL!!  I am sure I chose smf 2.0 themes, and that's where I found that, wait, let me look!! Dang, you are so right, figured you were;)  Hey, I had started to check smf 2.0 section and caught a glimpse of the listing for "Novelty and fun" LOL, oh well, I'll find one in my section:)  I love the one I have, but think a light theme will look better, ty again, so appreciate you and the others, Denise;)

Steve

You can have as many themes as you like, Denise. ;)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Illori

Quote from: Steve on September 20, 2014, 09:28:44 PM
You can have as many themes as you like, Denise. ;)

technically there is a limit, but very few actually hit it.

Arantor

It has been hit precisely once to my knowledge.

Steve

That would be nuts to add that many themes to one's site.

Arantor

The limit is 255 themes over the life of a site. It's been hit precisely once to my knowledge, on what was an official/unofficial (never quite sure whether it was official or not) demo site for the themes on the theme site.

I know this because I remember the conversation about what to do when it hit id 255...

Steve

What do you mean 'over the life of a site'? If I remove a theme and use ftp to remove the folder (which is what I do), does that still count as one theme?

Arantor

Yes.

What happens is there's the smf_themes table, and every time you install a theme, it creates a new id - but deleting the theme doesn't free that id up again. While it's possible to fart around and reclaim that id, neither SMF nor MySQL do so by default for various good reasons.

Kindred

Oh.., and the site was semi official... ;)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

I couldn't remember whether it was completely official or not, but I know it hasn't been updated in a while. Perhaps we should do that again some time.

Steve

Thanks Arantor. :)

@ Denise ... K@ has some great smilies and if you need even more, I know where you can get them. ;)

Illori

Quote from: Arantor on September 21, 2014, 09:01:16 AM
The limit is 255 themes over the life of a site. It's been hit precisely once to my knowledge, on what was an official/unofficial (never quite sure whether it was official or not) demo site for the themes on the theme site.

I know this because I remember the conversation about what to do when it hit id 255...

i believe crip hit the limit as well on his theme demo site.

Advertisement: