News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Forbidden Error

Started by Kerashi, September 20, 2014, 01:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerashi

I am encountering a forbidden error when making a post on my forum.  The post in question is long and includes a lot of URL's, and each time I attempt to post I get a Forbidden error.  I have created a phpinfo.php file to see if mod_security was enabled (as I have read that it can cause the problem) but there is no mod_security listed.  What else could be causing this problem?

Night09

You could be exeeding the maximum post character count or amount of URLs allowed in a post. You can change both of these in Admin to see.

Kindred

first - welcome to SMF

second - whether or not it's listed in phpinfo,  the problem is that your host has mod_security installed and has it poorly configured. You will have to talk to them about removing it, or getting it configured better.

night - that would not result in a forbidden error
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kerashi

Thanks for the quick reply, I thought it would show up in phpinfo.  I have submitted a ticket to my host, will see if they can resolve it.

Advertisement: