How to get multiple site links for similar posts in Google search results?

Started by tclane, September 20, 2014, 04:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tclane

I've noticed that some forums get multiple site links for similar posts in Google search results. Is this the result of some setting or mod and how can I get my forum's results to appear like this? See example:

Night09

You need to go to your google control panel settings then click Sitelinks and promote the URLs you want in that format. Google will only show them though if they are classed as valuable information and the crawlers can access them. If you need to register to see the content it wont work.

You Demote to remove links but it depends on google how fast they dissapear.

This was answered today in another thread too. ;)

Kindred

However, as it has already been pointed out to you:   We do not typically provide support to sites which have removed the SMF copyright statement.
http://onlinestorageauctions.com/forum/

By removing the copyright, you have essentially stated to us that you do not need out acknowledgement or support.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tclane

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like a lot of work, but the site links definitely increase click through rates.

Night09

Quote from: tclane on September 20, 2014, 05:38:08 PM
Thanks for the reply. It sounds like a lot of work, but the site links definitely increase click through rates.

You only need to set the main sections and make sure they can be crawled and basically its set and forget unless you make some changes.

tclane

Quote from: Kindred on September 20, 2014, 05:37:39 PM
However, as it has already been pointed out to you:   We do not typically provide support to sites which have removed the SMF copyright statement.

By removing the copyright, you have essentially stated to us that you do not need out acknowledgement or support.

It hasn't been removed, only moved. But had you taken more time to look, you would have noticed that.

Night09

Quote from: tclane on September 20, 2014, 05:48:22 PM
Quote from: Kindred on September 20, 2014, 05:37:39 PM

It hasn't been removed, only moved. But had you taken more time to look, you would have noticed that.

Sorry your either wrong or lying. A search of the index finds 0 results for smf...

If it is there can you specify its location please.

Ninja ZX-10RR

I ask for this topic to be locked since I can't see any evidence of what you say. I'll post an image as proof. It isn't there, we won't provide any assistance, that's it.
And putting it right now won't change it :| is it so difficult to give credit when using the result of so much effort and time by volounteers? Also for free?
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: tclane on September 20, 2014, 05:48:22 PM

Where is it moved to? Because if it is there, we all must be blind as well as the browsers, since even they can't find it.

Night09

tclane

Quote from: Night09 on September 20, 2014, 06:09:10 PM
Only smarties have the answer! ;)

Guess they're not as smart as they think. The copyright is all over the forum. You just have to look.

And, if they were really smart, they would realize that anyone they deny support to just creates a new account. Geniuses.  :P

margarett

I'd like to ask you all to stop this now.
Kindred did state out official position. Removing the copyright IS allowed, we just OPT to not give support to people who remove it

If you wish to help the user, please do do.
If you don't wish to help the user, then please leave the topic. There absolutely no profit (for anyone) in continuing this argument.
Thanks.

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on September 20, 2014, 05:54:28 PM
I ask for this topic to be locked since I can't see any evidence of what you say. I'll post an image as proof. It isn't there, we won't provide any assistance, that's it.
No lock required. Again, removing the copyright IS allowed. If you don't wish to support the user, please leave the topic. Backseat stuff, remember? ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

tclane

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: tclane on September 20, 2014, 06:16:12 PM
Quote from: Night09 on September 20, 2014, 06:09:10 PM
Only smarties have the answer! ;)

Guess they're not as smart as they think. The copyright is all over the forum. You just have to look.

And, if they were really smart, they would realize that anyone they deny support to just creates a new account. Geniuses.  :P

For your information, I have been doing web work for a very long time. I know HOW to look for a VISIBLE copyright, and how to search for one. To lie and keep saying it is there, when it clearly is not, really shows the ignorance that you have, yourself, not others.

Now, to your main point, why don't you go to the source and ask? Google would be best to answer that question, as any SMART person would have known to go ask them how they run their search results. ;)

margarett

Cof, cof... Enough?

Ps: all this will be removed shortly, just letting everyone involved have the chance to see what's happening ;)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ninja ZX-10RR

As far as I knew we were not supposed to help a user who had removed the coypright at all :/ that information was wrong then. Well I opt out then. Thanks for pointing that out though.
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

Ok...   When I made my statement, I didn't expect it to blow up like this.   

Tclane, your site does not have a visible smf copyright. I looked several times to be certain and looked again after you insisted that it does....

Whether you or others choose to remove it, is completely up to you and completely legal for versions 2.0.x. However, we have, as a team, generally decided to not provide support to such sites, for the reasons I stated above.   If you choose to create another account in an attempt to avoid that notice -THEN you are violating the terms of service for this site, which does not allow duplicate and sock puppet accounts, and that will get one or both accounts banned.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ninja ZX-10RR

Ahn that's why I used to remember that... It was actually a team rule, probably stated somewhere else. Well since I share it I will follow it even without being a team member :)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

margarett

It's not a "rule" per se. It's something we usually opt to do (or in this case, not to do)

Can we please stop this now? :)

Night09

I myself on this matter dont have any malice to the OP, just that copyright is hard to find if its there...Smarties was just a joke.  A template search finds no instances but as stated its up to the individual to decide and maybe this has helped clarify the situation to all involved.

If you have no copyright please just say so, people will still help if they want.

If you have got one please put everyone out their misery as to its location.

Advertisement: