News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Coding help (SSI maybe?)

Started by bmpk5032, September 20, 2014, 06:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmpk5032

Hi there!

On my forums I'm using a custom theme (Black Storm). I'm trying to add in a little bit of text and (what I'm assuming should be) PHP in between the board's header and the navigation bar. I'm going to add the text "Upcoming Performances" manually with html and I then want it to list the upcoming events as they are configured to display in the calendar settings. Basically, I don't want them to have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see the upcoming events listed in the Info Center and nor do I want to just relocate the Info Center to the top; just a string of text with the upcoming events at the top will be perfect!

I followed the advice found on ssi_examples.php by adding in the following code on line 1 of index.template.php:

<?php require("/home/a6561555/public_html/SSI.php"); ?>

I then added the following code to index.template.php right after the header <div> is closed and just before the navigation bar <div> is opened:

<?php ssi_todaysEvents(); ?>

The font "Upcoming Performances:" displays exactly where it should be, but absolutely nothing is showing after the colon where I would expect the upcoming events to display. If anyone could point me to what I'm doing wrong, it'd be greatly appreciated! Many thanks in advance! :)

Night09

Hi, there is a support thread for that theme here:http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=441174.0

You will get better help then from the theme author and users. ;)

bmpk5032

Thanks! I'll try posting there. I was hesitant to at first because it hadn't had a reply in 120+ days and wasn't sure if it was still active.

Kindred

Also, do note...  You should not use ssi functions inside the smf themes
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Night09

Maybe this thread can be deleted and the OP can then continue in the themes thread since theres more users may read that who have the theme. Not only the Author will help but others with the theme who may have modded it also.

Advertisement: