News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Post Based Member Groups

Started by ColdXX, September 21, 2014, 08:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColdXX

Hey!
I was wondering if there is any way to hide the Post Based Membergroups Names,such as "Newbie","Jr.Member" etc.?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ColdXX

QuoteEnabling this will not display a member's post group title on the message view if they are assigned to a non-post based group.
I need to hide the member's post group title for the members assigned to post based groups.

Kindred

???

what?

members are never ASSIGNED to post-count based groups.
The post-count base dgroup is automatically determined.

However with the setting mentioned in that wiki link, if a user has been assigned to any other group, the post-count based group will not display.

your only other option is to delete all post-count based groups except the first one (you must always have one)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ColdXX

I am using rank images that show member's group! And i want the other names to dissapear and only the rank image to be seen

Chalky

It can be done by hacking the template.  In Themes/default/Display.template.php or the Display.template.php for your custom theme if it has one:

Code (Find) Select
// Show the member's primary group (like 'Administrator') if they have one.
if (!empty($message['member']['group']))
echo '
<li class="membergroup">', $message['member']['group'], '</li>';

and either remove it or comment it out:

// Show the member's primary group (like 'Administrator') if they have one.
// if (!empty($message['member']['group']))
// echo '
// <li class="membergroup">', $message['member']['group'], '</li>';

Kindred

Wait.... Your latest post says exactly the opposite thing as your first post in this thread....
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: