connection problem

Started by DrBlack, September 21, 2014, 10:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrBlack

I was have a problem with site email ( not send email when reatore password)

I go Admin > configuration > server settings
I found in front ( database name ) a fake email. Maybe i enter it while creating site...

Its : [email protected]

So i changed it to our site G-mail email
after ( save ) my site closed .. when i go to it.
It appear this text :::
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

DrBlack

I hope in one give me fast fix from Cpanel
Or anything. Because my site closed
And it have big visitors

Chalky

If the email is all you changed then speak to your host because that error says your files cannot connect to your database.

Given all the bull-in-a-china-shop editing and hacking you've done over the past few days though, it would be hardly surprising if the problem were elsewhere...

Kindred

Well, that is obviously incorrect... You will have to change the settings.php file to use the correct username to access your database.  Talk to your host of you don't know what that should be.

Also, do not bump your posts like that. This is not a real time support site, and it is considered rude to bump a post in under 24 hours.

Oh, and I should post out, as chalky says, given the way your have been throwing edits at your site without thinking things through... I have to assume that you have not been taking backups...   So, tsk tsk and naughty you.   ALWAYS take backups before you edit important parts of your site.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DrBlack

I use java automatic backup
and i have backup for every hour..

But if i use the last backup it will fix?

mashby

It may or may not fix it. You can certainly try to do that. But if you look at your Settings.php file in its current state and the database username and password is correct, you should contact your host.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

DrBlack

What is the file directory please

Chalky

Settings.php is in the root, not in a directory.

DrBlack

how to find it please
i dont know what is it

mashby

Ok. Are you using FTP? Where are your site files located? It will be in the root of that. What is the URL of your SMF site?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Advertisement: