Need this Code Speak translated to English

Started by colby2152, September 22, 2014, 08:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colby2152

I am not a web developer.  I know enough to get around, but even that proves to be less than needed.  Could someone translate this into English instructions?

Quotecc –DAA mimetex.c gifsave.c –lm –o mimetex.cgi
Now just mv mimetex.cgi to your cgi-bin/ directory,
set permissions as necessary, and you're all done.

The package of files I have does not contain the mimetex.cgi, so I assumed I should rename the mimetex.c and move it into the cgi-bin/ directory that I had to create.  That didn't work at all, so I am sure I am missing something.

For complete reference, see: http://www.forkosh.com/cgi-bin/weblist.cgi?-t=weblist&-o=php&-f=sources/mimetexquickstartweb.php
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

Kindred

those are linux command-line instructions...   it looks like you need root/ssh access to your server for this...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

Nop, you shouldn't rename anything.

As Kindred said, those are command line commands.
The command "cc" (plus arguments) will compile the .c files into a .cgi file. So that file (that you don't see now) will be generated after compilation ;)
If you don't already have a cgi-bin folder, it's possible that your server doesn't allow cgi scripts to run. You must check with your host...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

colby2152

ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

Advertisement: