News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Messed up

Started by crustybum, September 23, 2014, 08:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crustybum

I have messed up somewhere whilst moving my forum, i will try to explain the errors.
Firstly i have a forum functioning ok apart from the fact that no new members can register, they get

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare spammercheck() (previously declared in /home/content/c/r/u/****/html/theforum/Sources/Register.php:912) in /home/content/c/r/u/****/html/theforum/Sources/Register.php on line 990

Also all the mods seem to be working....except that if i go in to the browse mod section they are all there...but it says they are not installed? ....and if i look in the installed packages section, there are not mods installed?

Anyone help? (apologies if this post is in wrong section) ;)

Bigguy

It looks as if there is a line of code in there somewhere twice. Look in Register.php on both those line numbers and see if there is a problem. Or post the file here and I can take a look.

crustybum

Cheers, not that good with coding..but learning slowly.

kat

Not twice... Thrice...

//Check Forum Spam if enabled
if (!empty($modSettings['sfs_enabled'])) {
if (SpammerCheck()) {
loadLanguage('SFS');
fatal_error(sprintf($txt['sfs_spam_detected'],$_POST['user'],$_POST['email'],$user_info['ip']), true);
}
}

That section's there three times.

My bet's that you installed some anti-spam mod three times.

Somehow.

Let's hope you backed-up, before installing it...

crustybum

ok, i have just removed them, and still the same????

kat

I'd assume that every file that was edited, by that mod, has the same problem...

No backup to restore?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=400356.0

crustybum

Kindred

Then you are going to have to MANUALLY edit files to remove the triplicated code...   and I guarantee that the error which is showing is not the only spot where the code was dupli/triplicated
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

crustybum

crustybum

Thing is, i reckon its been like it for a while, the person looking after that side is no longer with us, so i dont really know how far back to go, and just looked...theres hundreds..

Illori

crustybum

Sounds like a plan, will give it a go, ... ;)

crustybum

er...i have just gone to my database and found there are some "backups" there, is it safe to try one?

kat

It's not the database that's affected, mate.

When you say ".theres hundreds..", what do you mean? There should only be three named after the mod. You want the earliest one.

Kindred

k@... unless the triple mod was not the last mod he installed... then your option will not work
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

crustybum

OK tried to overrite everything and got this
Fatal error: Call to undefined function getUsersOnlineTodayStats() in /home/content/c/r/u/crusty1/html/theforum/Sources/BoardIndex.php on line 70

Bigguy

Now that you have overwrote everything, all mods you have installed are probably going to error. Can you get to the admin panel. Do you know what mods you had installed.

crustybum

Spent the day on this...think i may be getting somewhere..(chuffed)  ;D

I can now get to everything, i have uninstalled all mods......but get this at bottom of forum now.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function template_ad_position() in /home/content/c/r/u/crusty1/html/theforum/Sources/Load.php(2151) : eval()'d code on line 310

I reckon its related to simple ads or ad management, but dont know how to remove it? as its not showing in packages

Kindred

you are using a custom theme, correct?   When you uploaded the clean files, you neglected to upload a clean set of files for your theme as well
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: