News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Issues with Modification

Started by BxK, September 23, 2014, 12:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BxK

Alright guys, Ive been trying to get my mod up to par to get in on the SMF Mod site, I was prompted to change the way I did some things one of which was to edit the Wireless.english.php file differently. After looking at what I did I shortly found out why I did it, I cannot edit anything in it with a modification or it will fail no matter what unless I replace the ENTIRE thing, which forces me to include some of the original strings, I've tried every way I could think of before writing this post. BUT am I crazy or is there a bug??? I have attached a screen shot below and if you need the code, I have about 10 variations I can attach. Anyone know about this?

EDIT: and also if forgot to add when I actually do get it to edit without replacing the entire thing it will append the edited and non edited text above the <?php tag itself.

margarett

Hu? There are no fails in the individual edits but the file itself presents "Test failed"? :o

Can you please attach the package that's triggering that?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

BxK

I've attached it below...

margarett

You have a malformed Wap_mod.xml
<file name="$languagedir/Wireless.english.php">
</operation>
<operation>

See who you are closing an "operation" out of the nowhere? ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

BxK

Ok, THANK GOD, I sat here looking at this forever, thats what I get for not stepping away and coming back! Thanks , Topic Solved.  ;D

Advertisement: