News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Issues with Modification

Started by BxK, September 23, 2014, 12:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BxK

Alright guys, Ive been trying to get my mod up to par to get in on the SMF Mod site, I was prompted to change the way I did some things one of which was to edit the Wireless.english.php file differently. After looking at what I did I shortly found out why I did it, I cannot edit anything in it with a modification or it will fail no matter what unless I replace the ENTIRE thing, which forces me to include some of the original strings, I've tried every way I could think of before writing this post. BUT am I crazy or is there a bug??? I have attached a screen shot below and if you need the code, I have about 10 variations I can attach. Anyone know about this?

EDIT: and also if forgot to add when I actually do get it to edit without replacing the entire thing it will append the edited and non edited text above the <?php tag itself.

margarett

Hu? There are no fails in the individual edits but the file itself presents "Test failed"? :o

Can you please attach the package that's triggering that?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

BxK

I've attached it below...

margarett

You have a malformed Wap_mod.xml
<file name="$languagedir/Wireless.english.php">
</operation>
<operation>

See who you are closing an "operation" out of the nowhere? ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

BxK

Ok, THANK GOD, I sat here looking at this forever, thats what I get for not stepping away and coming back! Thanks , Topic Solved.  ;D

Advertisement: