Time required between posts from the same IP

Started by Biology Forums, September 23, 2014, 11:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biology Forums

In this setting: Time required between posts from the same IP, does this apply only to logged in users or guests too?

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

For the record, it is solely based on IP address in SMF 1.1.x.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Kindred on September 24, 2014, 06:42:01 AM
Do you allow guests to post?
Isn't it a bit obvious if he is asking about a function regarding it? And yes, he allows replies, just tested.

Quote from: Arantor on September 24, 2014, 08:31:44 AM
For the record, it is solely based on IP address in SMF 1.1.x.
Isn't it the same thing I already said in the first place? :/

There are workarounds though, if they post with a proxy and change it they can quickly bypass this block but you can't help it very much I think :(
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Not exactly. You were speculating on how the flood control worked; I went and checked how the code actually behaves.

Advertisement: