News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Very Strange Issue - Maybe Theme Related

Started by Krisper, September 24, 2014, 06:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krisper

Hi All,

I hope someone will be able to help me with an issue I've been having. I'm not sure if it is a theme issue, browser issue, computer issue, or something else. For a few weeks now I've been encountering a weird situation where when I try to start or reply to a topic using the full editor (not the quick reply editor) in Google Chrome (only) with the Dark Break theme (only) I cannot see my cursor or text as I type. I have to scroll the window up or down a little to see the changes and typing. This does not occur in IE, or any other themes that I've checked. It occurs on multiple computers when I have tested it, as well as multiple forums set up the same way. If anyone is willing to check it out as well, the forum information is below:

Forum: http://www.theworldofroleplay.com/sdaforum/
Guest Username: Visitor
Guest Pass: visitor

I'm stumped as to what is causing this! But it's very annoying and I'd like to try to get to the root cause of this. Thank you for anyone willing to help out!

Steve

That would have been hard to believe if I hadn't just seen it myself. I'm thinking if it happens only in that theme that the theme author should be made aware of this. Especially as it happens across multiple machines (including mine) ...
DO NOT pm me for support!

ARG01

Everything seems to work fine for me. Out of the box there is nothing wrong with the Darkbreak theme. What code changes have you made?
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Krisper

Steve - I posted this question as well on the support section of the the designers website. Thank you for your feedback and I'm glad to know that it isn't just me (though at the same time dismayed as it's so perplexing).

SimpMode - I haven't made any hard line code changes - only utilized a few Mods recently which are listed here or is an update (SMF 2.0.8 Update, Ohara YouTube Embed). Everything prior to that was working fine.

Antechinus

"Everything prior to that was working fine" :D

There's your problem then. ;)

Krisper

Antechinus - I've uninstalled and it still happens. ;)

Edit: Will try again though just to be sure.

Edit 2: Yep, still happens. :(

ARG01

There have been updates to Darkbreak. It's possible that you may be running an outdated version. The latest is "darkbreak_20a" and you seem to have "darkbreak", an older version. Maybe try uploading the most recent version.

No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Krisper

Thank you SimpMode. That same suggestion was given to me on the developer's website as well, and a reinstall of the updated theme seems to fix the issue at base install. I'll have to reinstall the mods and my image changes to see if that was the issue.

I didn't know it was an outdated theme, as I thought the SMF checks and updates notifies you if the theme is outdated. Is this not true in regards to custom themes?

ARG01

Quote from: Krisper on September 25, 2014, 12:33:26 PM
Thank you SimpMode. That same suggestion was given to me on the developer's website as well...

Yeah, that was me.  ;D

And no, SMF does not notify of updates to themes. That's just something that the user needs to try and keep up on.  However, at DzinerStudio we normally post announcements when our themes are updated. ;)

Krisper

Advertisement: