News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Custom field - select box not searchble

Started by radu81, September 29, 2014, 07:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Then I'm really confused how come you're getting errors.

If you add another option to that last query - array('security_override' => true) as a final parameter after $query_parameters, does it work?

margarett

Strange... This is the query now (so that I'm sure I didn't do anything stupid)
$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM {db_prefix}members AS mem
LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}membergroups AS mg ON (mg.id_group = CASE WHEN mem.id_group = {int:regular_id_group} THEN mem.id_post_group ELSE mem.id_group END)' .
(empty($customJoin) ? '' : implode('
', $customJoin)) . '
WHERE (' . implode( ' ' . $query . ' OR ', $fields) . ' ' . $query . $condition . ')
AND mem.is_activated = {int:is_activated}',
$query_parameters,
array('security_override' => true)
);

And when I press Search:
QuoteConnection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.
:o
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Arantor

Wait, what?! What did you do to it?!?!

Exaggeration for comic effect aside, I'm genuinely curious to know what you've done to it that would produce that. The only thing I can think of is that it ended up trying to recursively error for some strange reason.

Next thing... add $db_show_debug = true; to Settings.php, which will turn off certain error handling and not be quite so generous about catching errors.

margarett

This is a local test forum --> db_show_debug is always on ;)

There is nothing in error log, also. Want my Memberlist.php to try it out? ;)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Arantor

Please do :) I might not be able to look at it until tonight but I will look at it, I'm extremely curious as to what this is doing.

margarett

Here it is ;)

edit: an update: my modified search function works fine if I remove the security override option, but add in the beginning of the function:
$modSettings['disableQueryCheck'] = 1;

And it produces results on selectboxes :)

Arantor

So it is related to the query checker, hmm.

margarett

@Arantor, did you have a chance to peek this? I'm very, *very* curious :P

Arantor

I know what it's complaining about.

I didn't get to look at it until just now but I suddenly realised what the problem is. Subs-Db-Mysql.php line 367-8:

elseif (preg_match('~\([^)]*?select~s', $clean) != 0)
$fail = true;

cust_select would certainly match that. And as such that is being detected as a subselect and thus not allowed.

You would have to insert even something like tcust_select as a parameter into the query - {raw:cust_select} will let you do so, or rename the table join as something else, e.g. AS tcust_sel_field, as long as it's not 'select'.

margarett

Ehehehe :P Wouldn't think about that in a million years :P

* margarett goes into testing ;)

Arantor

What made me go looking was the fact that disabling security check fixed it - where the security override *didn't*.

So, go look at the code for what the thorough security check is doing ;)

But yeah it's not the first time I've seen that particular matter and I believe the subselect barrier was removed in 2.1 (and if not, it should be)

margarett

Not that I need to confirm it :P but yes, you're right. Comment out those lines in Subs-Db allows the search to run ;)

To mess with the query is a little bit more confuse for me... Because the word "select" cannot be removed from the query, it's the field type...
I also had a terrible aim by naming the field itself "selectbox" which translates "cust_select" :P but that's something that any user could do, methinks...

Arantor

Sure you can. {raw} is a thing.

Anything injected by parameters will not be considered by the check. Including raw parameters.

margarett

OK, now I see it ;) A bit more testing coming.

Just changing the field name already fixes the issue --> cust_abcabc :P

Do you have any idea if the original poster is still interested? ;D

Arantor

Yes but you can't rely on that.

Maybe - just not around right now ;)

margarett

Quote from: Arantor on October 02, 2014, 07:05:38 PM
Sure you can. {raw} is a thing.

Anything injected by parameters will not be considered by the check. Including raw parameters.
Meh. Can't find this :(

The query is dynamically built:

// Any custom fields to search for - these being tricky?
foreach ($_POST['fields'] as $field)
{
$curField = substr($field, 5);
if (substr($field, 0, 5) == 'cust_' && isset($context['custom_search_fields'][$curField]))
{
$customJoin[] = 'LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}themes AS t' . $curField . ' ON (t' . $curField . '.variable = {string:t' . $curField . '} AND t' . $curField . '.id_theme = 1 AND t' . $curField . '.id_member = mem.id_member)';
$query_parameters['t' . $curField] = $curField;
$fields += array($customCount++ => 'IFNULL(t' . $curField . '.value, {string:blank_string})');
$search_fields[] = $field;
}
}

I tried to change the "variable = {string:t' . $curField . '}" to raw but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Arantor

That's not the one that's the problem. It's all the OTHER ones.

You can try this one - but it's not tested.

// Any custom fields to search for - these being tricky?
foreach ($_POST['fields'] as $field)
{
$curField = substr($field, 5);
if (substr($field, 0, 5) == 'cust_' && isset($context['custom_search_fields'][$curField]))
{
$customJoin[] = 'LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}themes AS {raw:join_' . $curField . '} ON ({raw:join_' . $curField . '}.variable = {string:t' . $curField . '} AND {raw:join_' . $curField . '}.id_theme = 1 AND {raw:join_' . $curField . '}.id_member = mem.id_member)';
$query_parameters['t' . $curField] = $curField;
$query_parameters['join_' . $curField] = 'join_' . $curField];
$fields += array($customCount++ => 'IFNULL(t' . $curField . '.value, {string:blank_string})');
$search_fields[] = $field;
}
}

The trick is to ensure that any mention of 'select' is injected from the parameters - including table names and aliases.

Now I remember how I encountered this. I had a field whose name was 'selectable' which tripped it...

radu81

Thank you margarett and Arantor for your effort, I'm not a coder so I cannot help...
sorry for my bad english

margarett

There is a solution already. As long as you don't name your select box select+something :P
Or, if you disable security before that query, it also works ;)

I still need to test the rest for a proper fix ;)

edit: @Arantor, still returns hacking attempt... There was an extra square bracket that I removed ;)

Hacking attempt...

SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM smf_members AS mem
LEFT JOIN smf_membergroups AS mg ON (mg.id_group = CASE WHEN mem.id_group = 0 THEN mem.id_post_group ELSE mem.id_group END)LEFT JOIN smf_themes AS join_cust_select ON (join_cust_select.variable = 'cust_select' AND join_cust_select.id_theme = 1 AND join_cust_select.id_member = mem.id_member)
WHERE (member_name LIKE '%asdasd%' OR real_name LIKE '%asdasd%' OR email_address LIKE '%asdasd%' OR IFNULL(tcust_select.value, '') LIKE '%asdasd%')
AND mem.is_activated = 1
Function: MLSearch

edit2: Just for the fun of it, I tried the changes (my first simple changes to add field_type_select to the custom fields query) in 2.1 and the search works fine :)
But it triggers some "undefined variable: condition" when a search is performed. Meh :P
edit3: ha, it triggers the same errors with or without my custom code :P github time ehehehe

Advertisement: