Please help Mod,, Avatarr's On Board,, for SMF 2.0.8.0

Started by Dragance, September 29, 2014, 08:18:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragance

Please help me and tell me if there is a newer version of Fashion's,,'s On Board,, for SMF 2.0.8.0 .Našao was just this older version of Fashion,, Avatar On BoardRC1.zip [nofollow],, which can not be installed on the forum.

,, http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1103,,      ,,AvatarOnBoard,,

Please tell me what I need to do if there is no newer version of Fashion where I asked. Thank you in advance for your reply ...

Kindred

probably won't work on 2.0.x though, since it was an RC1 release
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

kat

I admire your persistence, Bruno! I looked at that topic, but gave up, after a few pages. :P

Ta! :)

(I wonder if that should go on the mod's download page...? With the author's consent, naturally)

margarett

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

kat

Bugger. Maybe we ought to introduce a thing whereby mods that aren't supported, for a specific length of time, are deemed to belong to SMF...

I suspect this has been mass-debated, before, though... :P

Burke ♞ Knight

Illori

Quote from: K@ on September 29, 2014, 05:01:08 PM
Bugger. Maybe we ought to introduce a thing whereby mods that aren't supported, for a specific length of time, are deemed to belong to SMF...

I suspect this has been mass-debated, before, though... :P

we cant due to license, or most likely lack of license on most mods. and yes you brought this up before.

margarett

K@ it was debated several times. If we want to respect the license that is implicit by the fact that is has no license :P there's nothing we can do...

Only real solution is to find Bulakbol and be lucky enough to have him granting permission to take over his mod(s)
Or have someone to write a new one (it's on my plans for 2.1). But even this is a bugger, because it can easily be considered a copy... It's a dilemma...

Edit: Ninja'd :P

Illori

Quote from: margarett on September 29, 2014, 05:06:55 PM
Or have someone to write a new one (it's on my plans for 2.1). But even this is a bugger, because it can easily be considered a copy... It's a dilemma...

cant be a copy if none exists for that version.

margarett

Illori

Quote from: margarett on September 29, 2014, 05:14:57 PM
Yes, I know ;)
I was referring to a 2.0 version :)

you could add a new feature? ability to have it on certain boards/category and not all?

margarett

kat

Quote from: margarett on September 29, 2014, 05:06:55 PMOnly real solution is to find Bulakbol and be lucky enough to have him granting permission to take over his mod(s)

Will you try to ask him? Or, shall I? :)

Illori

Last Active: November 27, 2009, 01:01:36 AM

good luck trying.

kat

He might get an e-mail notification of a PM, if we're lucky.

If not... well, we tried. :)

I've grabbed the horn by the balls and sent him a message. :) You never know...

Advertisement: