News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How to set for all users (old and new) the auto-notify by email for PM

Started by Raffoz, October 01, 2014, 07:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffoz

How to set for all users (old and new) the auto-notify by email for personal messages?

Tks
MacOsX (last)
SMF 2.0.15 and 2.1.2 (different forums)
Chrome (last) or Safari (last)

margarett

PM email notify is default for new registrations, methinks.

For the existing users, you should go to phpmyadmin, your smf database and run the following query:
UPDATE smf_members
SET pm_email_notify = 1

And everyone should have this option set again.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

beware though...

forcing people to receive emails when they have turned that option OFF (in other words, you have now overridden the choice of the user) means that you can be  accused of spamming and/or may be in violation of some laws (especially in Canada or the EU)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

It is set to on for new users and does not appear to be configurable, so it is only for existing users that there is any question - and if they turned it off, that's up to them.

Raffoz

In my SMF 2.08 it appears OFF for new users, that was the reason for my question.
I don't want to force anything, just I'd like to set a default option for new users.

1) How can i change it for new users?
2) other question: is possible to set PM "view as a conversation" and "recent up" as default?
MacOsX (last)
SMF 2.0.15 and 2.1.2 (different forums)
Chrome (last) or Safari (last)

margarett

If it does, then you changed something or installed a mod which did. That option is hard coded in Subs-Members.php, so could you please attach it?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: