News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

LinkedIN API

Started by DenDen60, October 01, 2014, 07:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DenDen60

Would it be possible to create a LinkedIn API so that when people want to join my forum, they can just click to give permission to transfer some information from LinkedIn to SMF?

Ninja ZX-10RR

I think that you should actually post in mod requests for this... Anything is *doable* as long as you can code it :P
In the meantime you could use this one: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3304 it doesn't do *exactly* that but at least you can link a profile to a LinkedIn account like that :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

DenDen60

Thanks Ninja, I will take a look at it.

I had seen this mod, but it does not answer my needs of creating an account based on LinkedIn.

margarett

It should be actually be quite difficult, methinks...

You need to provide authentication fields in SMF's registration page (because you can't just fetch any profile, you need to make sure it's yours), most likely AJAXify this request, deal with the successful (or not) login and then fetch some information. And then that information needs to be stuffed in SMF's registration...

Not for the fainted heart, methinks...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

DenDen60

Kindred

yup... there is one for facebook - which is currently broken and never worked "great" to begin with...

connecting to an external service and then authenticating is A LOT of work...  and is not a simple task.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DenDen60

Ok Thanks

I will forget about this idea.

Arantor

Especially given the fact that even after you unsubscribe and deactivate your account it continues to spam you.

Advertisement: