[FREE] Edit post time/date

Started by elmak, October 01, 2014, 09:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elmak

Version
SMF 2.0.8

Description
I'm trying to setup an easy means for a forum admin to modify the time/date of a post, possibly also set the time/date when creating a new post/topic.

margarett

That's a terrible idea :P

Because changing the time/date of a post will NOT change its ID (not possible at all) so there would be no reordering of posts inside a topic, neither of topics in MessageIndex...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

elmak

I'm not trying to get a nicely-reordered series of posts. I'm specifically looking at creating a pile of posts that are backdated to appear like conversations over time, to establish a story.

margarett

Ok ;)
But same applies... You cannot reorder posts by changing it's date...

It should be possible to accomplish that but it would also be necessary to change some coding to have the order established by the time/date of the post instead of ID, which is the normal ordering...

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

elmak

Sure, but I don't even need it that fancy. Posts will be changed one after another, their order won't really even be wrong. Worst case I'm going to have to do this in the SQL database and manually translate everything into UNIX time.

margarett

OK, fair enough ;)

I'm sorry but I'm not sure if I know how to really do that... How would the time/date be set?
IIRC there is no "time" control in SMF. In Calendar you can set the event date, but via 3 select boxes. The time isn't available to choose...

Good luck ;)

Advertisement: