deactivate how many guests is online

Started by oldguest, October 01, 2014, 10:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldguest

Hello
I use smf 2.08

I have a forum, there members only can read or write.
But on the front page, my members can see online members and for example 88 guest viewing my forum.
I don't want my users to see, there is guests online, is it possible to deactivate this.
I want the members can see how many members there is online, but not the guests.
I hope anyone can help me.
Best regards
Noeyes

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

In the theme's directory, you want BoardIndex.template.php

In there, find this:

', $context['show_who'] ? '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=who">' : '', comma_format($context['num_guests']), ' ', $context['num_guests'] == 1 ? $txt['guest'] : $txt['guests'], ', ' . comma_format($context['num_users_online']), ' ', $context['num_users_online'] == 1 ? $txt['user'] : $txt['users'];

and replace that, with this:

', $context['show_who'] ? '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=who">' : '', comma_format($context['num_users_online']), ' ', $context['num_users_online'] == 1 ? $txt['user'] : $txt['users'];

That works on my forum. :)

Kindred

the thing is, k@...  there are at least 3 other spots that I can think of, scattered throughout the code/templates...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

He mentioned the front page, which is where that code removes it from. :)

oldguest

Thanks i will try that.
Is it also possible the move the guest's from the statistic page on my forum?
Best regards
Noeyes

kat

Advertisement: