News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

cookie problem

Started by disorder25, October 01, 2014, 12:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disorder25

I have a problem with my forum (smf 2.02), since I install the forum all the times when log in is fine but as soon as I try to do something like reply, log out or go to admin it gives me a session expire error and a I have to go to repair_settings and change the cookie name. This happen all the times. Is there anyway to fix this?
Thank you.

margarett

First things first, you should *really* update your forum to latest version. You are several security fixes behind.
That will not solve your issue, though.

Can you get us a phpinfo?
What is a phpinfo() file?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

disorder25

hxxp:l2obsessed.sytes.net/forum/phpinfo.php [nonactive]

margarett

My company's proxy blocks that URL as being reported for serving malware :o

I will have to check at home but I'm not feeling too confident :(

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

disorder25

It's a no-ip address. Sometimes they get blocked. Try the direct link.

98.109.165.106:8080/forum/phpinfo.php

And the reason why I don't update is because when I try one of the files sources/Load.php didn't pass the test and I'm afraid the template I'm using is not gonna work on a newer version.

Muito obrigado.

Kindred

themes for 2.0.x will work on other versions of 2.0.x

and a single failure in the security patch should NEVER be a reason not to upgrade.  Just apply the fix manually, like you would any other mod that has a failed line...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

That's clearly a sessions issue but I don't really see where.
Maybe "session.save_path" which has no defined value? But I'm just guessing here...

Advertisement: