News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Adding members in DB but their names don't show up

Started by Red Squirrel, October 01, 2014, 05:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Squirrel

This is a really odd one.  Long story short, I'm writing a script to convert 3 of my forums into 1 IBF forum.  I could use converters but there's lot of custom stuff on all of the forums so I rather just oversee the whole process and do it myself. 

I wrote the script that converts the members from the old forums and puts them in the new, it takes care of duplicate email/names etc...

For some strange reason though, after running the conversion the user names don't show up.  They ARE in the DB.  In fact, if I search for a member in the admin interface, the name shows up, but when I'm browsing the forum and click on members and view the memberlist, they're all blank.

I'm sifting through the code to try to figure out why this is happening, but wondering if someone happens to know exactly why it would do this.   I also ran the recount forum stats and so on.  It reports the proper number of members and the member entries DO show up, with birth dates and all, but the usernames are blank.

margarett

Can you login with said users?
In smf_members table, do you have both username and real_name?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Red Squirrel

I can't login because the passwords are blank at the moment but it does say invalid password while if I put an invalid username it says invalid username.

I did not port the real name over though, but now that you mention it, is that actually the display name?    I thought that was for the IRL name and was just an extra profile field.  Silly me.  Makes sense why I was having trouble finding a reference in the code to the member_name field.   I think I got it now, unless there's something else I may be missing.  Cleared the DB and reran the script with a modification to add username to that field too and they show up now.

Advertisement: