News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Notifications disabled?

Started by mermaidmarion, October 01, 2014, 11:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mermaidmarion

Hi there,

I am using a forum with version SMF 1.1.13.

At the moment, email notifications of replies to messages do not work for any forum member. Is there any way I might be able to re-install this function? Not sure what disabled it in the first place. (I did chec FAQs and previous threads but found no answer.)

Any help very much appreciated!

Cheers,
Marion

Ninja ZX-10RR

First things first... Why didn't you upgrade *at least* to 1.19? you are missing some important security fixes and bug fixes... Also note that SMF 1.1.x is almost at the end of its life.
Anyway, after updating please provide us an URL, the mods list, your host name, the php version of the server that is hosting you and any errors both in your server error log and also in SMF error log ;)

Also... It probably started to happen after you did something... Did you install something recently or changed some settings? What kind of email are you using? :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

mermaidmarion

Thanks Ninja ZX-10RR,

I shamefully upgraded to 1.17 before daring to post this question  ::)

I did get spammed lately and changed a bunch of settings, hard to tell what exactly I messed up. I will retrieve all the information necessary and come back with that so!

The notification failure seems to affect any sort of email.
More soon!
Cheers
Marion

Ninja ZX-10RR

The latest 1.1.x version AFAIK is 1.1.19 not 1.1.17 ;)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

margarett

Does your mail function works? I mean, does SMF send out *any* emails?
Also, does the notification just fails to be sent or can't the users choose to get notifications anymore?

Because, AFAIK, there is no option to disable topic/post notifications as a whole... You can only remove the permission to request notifications per membergroup.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: