Getting a particular board to stand out from the rest

Started by russelluk, October 02, 2014, 08:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

russelluk

Can anyone advise of a fairly easy way to get a particular board to stand out in some way - either with a particular background or bold text or whatever

Many thanks

Russell

kat

I believe you can set each board to se a specific theme, if you want.

If you go to Admin>Forum>Boards and click "Modify", there's an option labelled "Board Theme:", right at the bottom. :)

russelluk

Thank you but that changes the theme of that board - I was hoping to get the actual topic board name formatting to look different - e.g. when you log onto this board you can see the first few topics on the home page have a shaded background - I want to be able to do that with a particular topic on my home page board

Thanks

Russell

russelluk

I want to be able to highlight certain subjects like this - see the attachment

kat

I believe that's standard, for topics that've been stuck (Stickied?)

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Steve

russelluk

OK so I am not sure I understand the answers - how do I sticky a subject to change the background

Steve

The easiest is to go to the topic you want to sticky, scroll to the bottom and click the 'set topic sticky' button.

russelluk

where is the set topic sticky button - I do not have that?

Illori

admin -> posts and topics -> topic settings check enable sticky topics and save the page.

russelluk

I understand but how do I do that with the top level menu - I have done that with a question within the topic but the option does not exist with an upper level board?

br360

Are you trying to get a board to stand out on the main index page? Like the board names in this image?

russelluk

Yes I want a board to stand out - say at the upper level or just below this - how do we do this?

margarett

Wait. And breathe :P

There is a terrible confusion here and we need to *clearly* understand what you want.

You said: I want a board to stand out. These are boards:

But then you talk about sticky topics. These are topics:

For boards, obviously sticky doesn't apply...
So, now that we get the difference straight :P
Which one do you want to stand out? Boards or topics?

Steve and br360 gave you a solution for both cases ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

russelluk

Sorry - I only have a simple forum - I just want at the upper level where the topics or board are (i.e the first screen when you go to the webpage) are to make some stand out - such as Read here first or What this forum is about - it is at the first highest level of the board

sorry I am just learning this - but getting along ok I must say - its just the fine tuning

Thanks I really do appreciate the help

Regards

Russell

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

russelluk

Yes but does this mean I can just make a board stand out in a simple fashion - I dont want to have to edit a whole bunch of css pages or other configuration pages using various methods - surely there is a simple way of doing this?

Many thanks again

Russell

Advertisement: