News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.9 / 1.1.20 Security Patches Released

Started by Oldiesmann, October 02, 2014, 07:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

Dear users,

Simple Machines Forum has released security patches to both the 1.1.x and the 2.0.x release lines. This brings our released versions to SMF 1.1.20 and SMF 2.0.9.

Several security issues were identified in both release lines and have been addressed with this patch.  It is, therefore, recommended that you update your forums immediately to ensure that your community is safe.  In addition to the security patches, a few bug fixes for the SMF 2.0 line have also been included in the 2.0.9 patch.

If you are running version 2.0.8, you can update your forum to version 2.0.9 using the package manager. As usual, you should see the upgrade notification in the Admin panel and in the package manager, which will allow you to download and install the patch seamlessly.  If you don't see the notification about the update, please run the scheduled task "Fetch Simple Machines files".  You can also download the patch for 2.0.9 from the customize site by downloading the smf_patch_1.1.20_2.0.9.zip patch file, and then installing it from the package manager, like any other mod package.

If you are running 1.1.19, you can update to 1.1.20 by using the smf_patch_1.1.20_2.0.9.zip patch file and installing it via the package manager as well.  If you are still using 1.1.x branch, please be aware this will be the last patch released for this version, so you are strongly urged to upgrade to 2.0.9, in order to be able to continue to receive security upgrades to your forum. Note that we will continue to provide support for 1.1 until 2.1 final is released.

If you use older versions of SMF, you can upgrade by using the full upgrade archive for version 2.0.9 from the downloads page. Be aware that using this upgrade method will require you to replace your mods with ones designed for the 2.0.x line

You can also view the change log for the latest release, as usual, on the downloads page.

If you are having problems downloading the patch from the admin panel, you can download the package from the upgrade patches page and install it like a mod, as instructed above.

Please refer to the Online Manual for more details about:
* upgrading
* patching

Please do not use this topic for support requests.  You will receive a much quicker and better response by posting in the relevant support board!

Thank you for using SMF! :)

Regards,
Simple Machines Forum
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

ARG01

Appreciated.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Illori

Quote from: SimpMode on October 02, 2014, 08:04:53 PM
Appreciated.  But where is the 2.0.9 patch download? The Upgrade Downloads page only supplies up to 2.0.8. ;)

it is on the bottom of the list.

ARG01

No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

SaltedWeb

Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

KVL

Updated is successfully. :) Thank you very much SMF team for your very great job! :)

Many thanks to SMF! :)

vbgamer45

Congrats on the release! Thanks for update to SMF 1.1.x as well
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

forumdraco

Strange, on one forum I see the 2.0.9 in the Administration Center and I can upgrade using the package manager, on another forum it says 2.0.8 is the latest release... any idea how this is possible?

ThomasJones

Really nice work guys ~ will update when I get to work  :D

tandro

Many thanks to SMF Team for keeping us up to date! !!!

Fisch.666

Hi,

when checking for newer files in the board maintenance the Subs-Post.php is shown as "my version 2.0.8" and the "current version 2.0.9" when applying the patch via the package manager. Seems the header @version 2.0.8 was not updated by the patch.

Quote from: forumdraco on October 03, 2014, 03:34:41 AM
Strange, on one forum I see the 2.0.9 in the Administration Center and I can upgrade using the package manager, on another forum it says 2.0.8 is the latest release... any idea how this is possible?

You need to run the Task "fetch simple machines data" in your planned tasks (maintenance)

Herman's Mixen

Not all files are patched only the security ones wich needed to be patched ;)
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Fisch.666

Hi,

the Subs-Posts.php was patched in the smf_2-0-9_patch.xml or am i wrong?

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Fisch.666

Ok, so probably just the header wasn't update. Have now done this manually

forumdraco

Quote from: Fisch.666 on October 03, 2014, 04:31:30 AM
Quote from: forumdraco on October 03, 2014, 03:34:41 AM

You need to run the Task "fetch simple machines data" in your planned tasks (maintenance)

Thanks, that did the trick! ;-)

Mr.Truckman

Advertisement: