News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Adding a spreadsheet

Started by SportsTrader, October 03, 2014, 11:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SportsTrader

Hi folks,

Brand new here and to building a forum, so please forgive me for what is probably going to be a string of questions!

My first one is...how can I add a spreadsheet to my forum that will allow all members to add and change comments etc within it?  I want to add a spreadsheet for different product reviews by the few members (it's a private forum) and want to be able to let anyone edit the box contents.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give me..

Cheers for now,
Keith

JBlaze

Take a look at Google Drive. You can set  up a public spreadsheet (or any document for that matter) that can be edited by anyone with the link.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

SportsTrader

Hi, and thank you for the super fast reply!

Can I ask if I can the add the Google drive spreadsheet to the forum section I need it in, as I know nothing about this whatsoever..does it show! ???

JBlaze

Yes, just post a topic in a board that you wish to have those able to see and modify the spreadsheet, and put the link to the spreadsheet in that topic.

Make sure that in Google Drive, you set the spreadsheet to only be editable by those with the link. More information can be found on Google.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

SportsTrader

Thank you very much for the super fast help. it is appreciated.. will pop over there now and see how this would work.

Thanks again mate.

Keith

SportsTrader

Hi, Back again... ::)

Taken a look at the Google drive and while that will work ok, i was hoping to actually have the actual spreadsheet on the forum so people could add to it without having to go elsewhere via a link to see it.  If its not possible to actually host the spreadsheet on the forum, i will use google drive as you  suggested, so thank you.

Cheers for now,
Keith

Kindred

There is no good way to host it on the forum...   Forums are not intended to be used like that...  And doing that would be a HUGE piece of work... Hence the fact that google drive is a compketely separate piece of functionality developed by a full team of developers at Google.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: