News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Spell check = Blank page

Started by 420Connect.co.uk, October 03, 2014, 02:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

420Connect.co.uk

Newer post at the bottom!

Hey,

I'm over the moon to have my forum (fingers crossed) working as it should be and I will try to refrain from adding any more MOD's :P

The only slight hiccup I have noticed so far is that when I click on spell check when making a post, it loads a blank screen?
(possibly other similar, small issues I've yet to find)

- Could this be an issue when I was merging 2 DB's?

Any help is welcomed as always!, thank you.
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Arantor

That usually means you don't have the relevant library installed or you don't have the right dictionary for your current language.

420Connect.co.uk

I have complete backups from forum A + B (the same forum, just slight different)
- would you mind telling me which files to move over or how to install the library again?

many thanks

edit:

had a look and found I do have spellcheck.js in my /theme/default/scripts folder and copied it over to my custom theme folder too.. that doesn't seem to have worked

:x
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Arantor

You would have to ask your host about installing pspell and its dictionaries.

420Connect.co.uk

Thanks, I will give them an email and hope they can sort me out!

420Connect.co.uk

Hmm,

My host have replied and told me I do have pspell enabled?

- Does anyone know what DB files are associated with the spell check?
I think it's maybe caused by when I was merging the 2 db's?

Kindred

A blank screen... Assuming it is actually, a white, blank screen and not a screen that is mostly white with an error text...  Means that your php had a critical error

Check your forum root for an error.log file
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

There is nothing in the DB for it beyond the setting to turn it on/off, so it's not that.

Still sounds like pspell and/or its dictionaries aren't installed properly.

420Connect.co.uk

Thanks again for the replies!

The error_log only had one line to do with another MOD that didn't install properly, but I've now deleted the remaining files from that mod.

I'm awaiting a reply but I've asked my host to install the dictionaries for pspell and included a link to:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=505116.0

which seemed like the same problem I'm having.

.. I need to stop tweaking the forum but I keep finding new MOD's I want to add, whilst trying to figure this one out too :P

420Connect.co.uk

I'd got distracted by this problem by worse issues (that are out of the clear for now anyway! :))
I had emailed my host asking about pspell and they told me it was installed and I can see via info.php it does say it is.

I was just about to email my host again to ask them to double check to see I have english dictionaries installed but thought I should get a quick response about my other problem from SMF Forums first to see if I have another problem to email them about.. Looking to include as much as I can as they sometimes take a while to reply. :(

I've also noticed this page also doesn't load correctly and wondered if it could be a related problem..
/forum/index.php?action=helpadmin;help=emailmembers

Its found through:
Admin > News & Newsletters > Newsletters > (select recipients) > Compose message page..

"In this message you can use a few "variables". Click here for more information."

I presume it should display things like {date} {time} {username} etc. to use when mass mailing however when I click the link, I get:

an almost empty page that says "emailmembers"

Has anyone had this problem before or know how to find the issue?

Many thanks!

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

420Connect.co.uk

Sorry, should have mentioned that before:

1.   Ad Managment   3.2     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.   LUP: Logout Under Profile   1.0.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.   SA Chat   0.1.4 Rev105     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.   Tagging System   3.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.   @mention members   1.1.2     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.   SMF 1.1.20 / 2.0.9 Update   1.0   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.   Images On Board   3.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.   Referrals System   3.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.   Images On Board   2.1   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.   Default Avatar   2.3 

Advertisement: