News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Uploading avatar issue

Started by Yojin_Spajin, October 04, 2014, 06:37:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yojin_Spajin

Hi,

We recently our forum update from SMF 1.1.4 to 1.1.20. All seems to be OK, except one thing :

The avatar upload function is out of service. When we try to upload an avatar, the following message appears :

QuoteYour attachment couldn't be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

Please consult your server administrator for more information.

On the other hand uploading avatars with a link works normally.

We are using no mods (except some light BBcode add) and the configuration of our server has not changed (and it was working before the update). Our attachment directory is set in chmod 777.

Have you an idea of the problem and its fix ? Thank !

Ninja ZX-10RR

Does this happen to all users or just for one? (ex: slow connection, broke server upload time limit)
Did you run out of space on your server?
How big is that avatar? What happens if you upload it here? Format? Does this happen with ALL avatars or just one/a few?
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Yojin_Spajin

Hi !

It happens to all users. It does not depend of the size of the avatar or its format, and we are not out of space at all. Limitations on avatars have not changed in the config, as the server config.

Thank you for your attention. :)

kat

First-off, is there anything in the error log, pertaining to this?

The...
QuoteThis might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

...part makes me think that...

QuotePlease consult your server administrator for more information.

... is a good plan. If they upgraded their server, those setting just might've changed.

Yojin_Spajin

We have our own server, and I can say nothing has changed concerning it configuration. This bug appeared just accordingly to the patching.

Thank. :)

kat

Can you edit php.ini, to increase the timeout setting?

Yojin_Spajin

Hi : php.ini can't be guilty, it has not been modified.

I've fix the problem editing Sources/Profil.php :

I've mainly disable the "paranoïd check" :
// Paranoid check. Some like it that way.
if (preg_match('~(iframe|\\<\\?|\\<%|html|eval|body|script\W|[CF]WS[\x01-\x0C])~i', $prev_chunk . $cur_chunk) === 1)
{

fclose($fp);
if (file_exists($uploadDir . '/avatar_tmp_' . $memID)) {
@unlink($uploadDir . '/avatar_tmp_' . $memID);
echo $uploadDir . '/avatar_tmp_' . $memID;
fatal_lang_error('smf124');
}
}

As I've no idea about what it is supposed to check... but now it works again.

Thank you all !

Biology Forums

But now a pesky user can introduce MySQL injections... Potentially.

Arantor

Not so much SQL injections, more things that can just take over your server account, which is marginally more dangerous than SQL injections.

Biology Forums

That said, make sure you make daily backups.

Arantor

Yes, because backing up dangerous files is a good plan ;)

Advertisement: