Upgrade from 1.19 to 2.0.9 stalls while "Updating search cache..."

Started by gmc1, October 05, 2014, 07:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmc1

Attempting an upgrade from 1.19 to 2.0.9 on a test copy (same server) of a forum...
Forum functioned normally after copy to test - pointing to right (test) tables - repair_settings used...

Using directions from: http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading
Uploaded the 'Large Upgrade' files from smf_2-0-9_upgrade.php overlaying test files.
Ran upgrade script - and received following:

Executing database changes
Please be patient - this may take some time on large forums. The time elapsed increments from the server to show progress is being made!
Executing upgrade script 1 of 2.
Executing: "Updating search cache..." (14 of 19 - of this script)
Creating search cache tables...done
Rebuilding fulltext index...done

Error!
Server has not responded for 30 seconds. It may be worth waiting a little longer or otherwise please click here to try this step again

Gave it plenty of time... multiple times... clicking to try again with same results...

Searching found this thread: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=455979.0 - which appears to be same problem - but while the op said he got around it - but didn't say how (aside from 'fussing and fighting and hair-pulling'...)

There was a suggestion in that thread to:
QuoteYou can try removing lines 1544-1685 from upgrade_1-1.sql.
but no indication of the impact of doing so - and the op said he didn't have to go that far...

Suggestions/questions welcome...

The live forum is experiencing problems with people sporatically being unable to login, logoff, post (session verification failures mostly)... thought getting current would be a good start to resolving the issues.

Thanks in advance!
Greg

margarett

You might want to try that operation in your localhost. It seems your server isn't able to withstand the beating that the upgrader is giving him :P
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

gmc1

Well... on my localhost (WAMP) - I don't even get that far...
Exported all the tables... copied live site files (no upgrade started there...) - changed Settings.php database connection info - ran repair_settings... had a functioning gallery...
Overlaid the upgrade files and ran upgrade.php...

Executing database changes
Please be patient - this may take some time on large forums. The time elapsed increments from the server to show progress is being made!
Executing upgrade script 1 of 2.
Executing: "Updating and creating indexes..." (1 of 19 - of this script)

!!
Error!
Unknown Error!

and that was requesting extra debugging information... lol

I'll try refreshing the files and doing it again... but any way to get better information on the error??

margarett

I'm sorry, no idea.

Just last week a user had the same "unknown error" in a similar upgrade, I upgraded his forum in my localhost without issues.

The problem I see is having different behavior with the same database. That tells me that there's some configuration differences that might be causing that.
Can you compare your server's MySQL version with your local one?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: