News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

smiley set not showing up in post form

Started by cojeepers, October 06, 2014, 01:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cojeepers

Oldiesmann

If you have the option to allow members to select a smiley set enabled, go to your profile and make sure you didn't set "Current Smiley Set" to "None" (it's in the "Look and Layout" section of your profile). If they're still not showing up then it's likely a theme-related issue.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

cojeepers

It is not a theme issue because i have tried under the stock theme.  also the section under look and layout, there is no selection you speak of.

Chalky

The test account login isn't working for me.  Are you using one of the default smiley sets or a custom set?  Did you make any changes right before they stopped showing?

cojeepers

I am using a custom set.  It's worked in older versions like 2.0.7 before.  i have been using smf since the 1.xxx [nofollow] days.

try poopypants as the password.

kat

Chalky

poopypants works :)  Your smileys show up on the page source and the path appears to be correct , e.g. .  What's more, if I type the smiley code manually, the smiley shows.  I have a suspicion though....  You have loads of smileys but they all appear to be set to show in the post form.  I suspect you have too many and it's breaking the template.  Try changing all your smileys to "popup" and leave just 5 or 6 of them in "post form" and see if that makes a difference.

Chalky

kat

cojeepers

Thanks.  I have about 50 smileys in post form lol.  What is the max?

Chalky

I've no idea, I'm not even sure there is one but it would make sense.  That's why I'd cut them down to the minimum first to see if it solves the issue.  It's more user friendly anyway to have just a few smileys on the post form and the rest in [more] which is where they'll be if you change them to popup.  I have over 600 there but just about a dozen on the post form.

cojeepers

I did as you asked.  i even went down to 2 smileys on the post form.  no go.   >:(

Chalky

Ok that's that idea ruled out then. What mods you you have installed?  Have your smileys ever shown?

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

cojeepers

Yes they have shown before.  I have all the mods updated.  It just stopped showing up one day lol.

Chalky

So what were you doing the day they stopped showing?  It must have been something you changed.  New mod, new theme, something else??  Can you list your mods for us?  It's more about whether there's a conflict than whether a mod is out of date. 

cojeepers

Ad management mod
Add fb like tweet google
Add social media icons to profile
Add stars to profile
Contact page
Custom copyright
Custom greeting
Download system
Ezportal
Highlight tags
Logout prompt