2.0.9 - Another Package Manager Bug

Started by Burke ♞ Knight, October 06, 2014, 11:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Well, I just submitted a mod that cannot be done with hooks so it's not always possible to avoid code edits. (It *might* be doable in 2.1 without edits but I would be extremely hesitant to do it that way because the hooks would taint the result)

But understood on the other points.

Burke ♞ Knight

We been through a lot, over the years, my friend. It is you, who I'll miss talking to the most.

I'll still pop in, if and when I need to for stuff related to the SMF sites I still will run, but I wont be spending almost 24/7 here anymore.
Time to move on, and see what else I can work with. :)

Steve

I don't know the whole story and don't want to. I just want to say it'll be a shame to see you go as you've helped me a number of times here, directly and indirectly.

Hope everything works out the way you want it. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

br360

Agreed Steve. BK, I have always appreciated your posts, mods, input etc- and isn't it about the members and community that make you want to do what you do and help? I'm sure it would bother anyone if they felt that a member(s) of the team had a problem with them, but should that matter that much more than the people you have helped here; and appreciate your contributions?

Burke ♞ Knight

There's a lot to it, that I will not get into here.
However, I plan on a descriptive post at BurkeKnight Enterprises, explaining my actions of lately, and why I am doing as I am.

I even have updated my remaining mods to reflect that all support for them should be taken to my site, since I have the nice HelpDesk set up for that. :)

I'm even debating removing my mods from the mod site, but that is not decided yet.

margarett

BK, as sad I am to see you taking that position, I respect your reasons, whatever they are.

As a former customizations reviewer, you know that stating you will stopping support here will lead those to be removed :(
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: margarett on October 08, 2014, 02:02:02 PM
As a former customizations reviewer, you know that stating you will stopping support here will lead those to be removed :(

If look, this has now been taken care of. ;)

If need support for my mods, please go to BurkeKnight Enterprises and register there.

We have a support ticket system for mod support.

We will no longer be supporting our mods here at the SMF site,
as we feel it is easier to keep all support at our site.

Advertisement: