News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[APPROVED][MOD]SDPM: Simplify Display Page Mod

Started by Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail, October 07, 2014, 07:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Base on the question and answer in this topic, I have created a mod that simplify the way post is displayed in its page.

This mod hides poster area on the left while enlarging the post area to it. It also hides the current top area that contains keyinfo such as topic/subject, time etc together with the post buttons.

After doing that, the mod proceed to add small size avatar, username and time in the top area. It then recreate the post buttons to the bottom of the post instead. For the time being, the position is somewhere above the custom signature.

Quick edit, report and warning is also hidden, and recreated inline with the simplified post buttons at the bottom of the post.

To make it clear, I attached a picture for this mod in action.

Then, the poster was asking on avatar whether it can have a popover of mini profile since the postbit is now hidden. I have added that as well.

The only thing that I haven't resolved is disabling the other code i.e. poster area, keyinfo and the original post buttons. The reason is, each time I tried to disabled them, the quick modify will not work. Something in one of the above is being checked for quick modify to work but what is it? I will keep testing but if anybody know what is that, do share your knowledge. It will save me time.

My suggestion is to check if spdm is empty for them to be shown, otherwise, they are disabled, completely. But I have to which should one is being used by quick modify to do that without affecting it.

I attached the latest version of the said mod.

Burke ♞ Knight

Very nicely done. :)
Tried it on test site, and you may want to make note that it will install in Core theme, as well.
Now mind you, I have not switched test site to Core to look to see if looks right, but it shows no errors. :)

Thanks Burke. I haven't tested it on core theme but I did test it on DilberMC and it works great.

I did some test but disabling few codes at a time and found what is the code that is required by Quick Edit/Modify to work properly. It is mainly this code:
id="subject_', $message['id'], '"

Yeay. So I just added up this <div id="subject_', $message['id'], '"></div> into my code and it works while disabling the unused code.

I will "beautify" the code in this mod later. :)

Tested this and done. I think this updated package should be better as it disables the unused code so they won't be called at all.

Advertisement: