News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Upgrading and Moving

Started by Spurblade, October 07, 2014, 08:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spurblade

Hello, I tried to do both manual and automated backup, and transfer, phpadmin method and the cpanel mysql method and almost run over most of the resources I have. I have this old forum of mine version smf 1.1.19. I am trying to move first before upgrading it to smf 2.0.6 and then upgrade it to the latest smf 2.0.9 but I need to see first if I can do the original settings. I cant seem to put everything in place because the posting is always missing.. Here is the original forum, www.fourm.sabungero.com [nofollow] and this is where I am planning to transfer it...www.dlsupuso.com/transfer/forum.  Hope you guys can help and advice me what to do next so I can put in in place. Thank you very much.

Antes

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Backup
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Repair_settings.php
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading

your forum does not look that big... if you are running out of resource surely your hosting is beyond awful. Links above is all your need for backing up and moving then upgrading to latest stable version.

Spurblade

Thanks, Antes, but I already did that. Backup using all methods, then migrate the database, the upgrading will come next once I saw a duplicate with the old site. The problem is I already did four times already and the post is not displaying correctly. And when I try to log as an admin and try to fix this on the admins section, it displays countless of errors telling that the post is missing. The dbase seems complete with infrastructure but it still shows the same. At first I try to do a fresh install but then upon reading oldiesman suggestion of just copy all the old files, backup and export the dbase, execute the repair_settings.php, it still doesnt show the postings. Before doing this, I also tried a fresh install and the same scenario comes out.

Spurblade

Tried to follow section by section on the procedure that Antes indicated above and on the backup section I find myself stuck at the section on number 7. On the next page, find "View dump (schema) of database", and you will see "Export" because under phpadmin.. I cant see this, instead, I am attaching a captured image on the dump

Spurblade

Now I have tried to duplicate everything on the same hosting just on another directory and then create another database named smf7 and added the same old user and password on the new database and then execute  the create_backup.php. and then try to restore it and it still says "Some of the queries were not executed properly.
Technical information about the queries:
Line #1: Query was empty

Seems like there is a problem with the restore_backup.php

Spurblade

Finally, I have done this but mostly because of mysqldump. Without it, I couldnt have survive and now on the last phase which is upgrading to 2.0.6. first before going to 2.0.9 because I can only think that is more stable that way.  It is taking to long though and it is on 437 min already on step 3..See attached file.

Spurblade

Kindred

What is restore_backup.php?

That is not part of any files distributed with or by simple machines, as far as I know...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Spurblade

Kindred, I will try to look at where I have downloaded it here. It is from a posting of oldiesman as far as I can recall. Anyways, I have seen some flaws on the new version or maybe its only my browser but when I try to register for a new user, the admin once clicked and with the right password, it will automatically make you an administrator.

Kindred

That is a symptom of having done something very wrong on your side... Like possibly having deleted the zero post count based group
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Spurblade

Thanks for replying kindred, but everything is ok now. like I said the big help came form mysqldumper.

Advertisement: