[solved] Zend error after host moved from Debian to Ubuntu

Started by Chon_Lee, October 08, 2014, 03:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chon_Lee

My host upgraded my server from Debian to Ubuntu over the weekend and now all I get for SMF is a white screen.  Upon reviewing the error logs it has this error over and over for each connection.

[Tue Oct 07 14:34:33 2014] [error] [client [sic]] Cannot load Zend Extension Manager - it was built with configuration 1.2.0, whereas running engine is API220090626,NTS
[Tue Oct 07 14:34:33 2014] [error] [client [sic]] Zend Optimizer requires Zend Engine API version 220060519.
[Tue Oct 07 14:34:33 2014] [error] [client [sic]] The Zend Engine API version 220090626 which is installed, is newer.
[Tue Oct 07 14:34:33 2014] [error] [client [sic]] Contact Zend Technologies at http://www.zend.com/ for a later version of Zend Optimizer.

I've looked through the settings table on the database but don't see anything zend related to disable zend on SMF.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I can disable Zend on SMF without having access to the forum GUI.

Illori

sounds like an issue for your host to fix. i am not sure this is something you can fix.

Chon_Lee

Their response to the issue was.

<code>
Thank you for contacting technical support.

The server hosting the site was recently upgraded to Ubuntu which does
not support php 5.2 and Zend Optimizer only works on php 5.2

If at all possible it is recommended that you not use Zend Optimizer with
your software. Alternatively you can have the account owner submit a
support ticket requesting to have the sites moved to a server running
Debian.

Please note however that this is still a temporary fix since php 5.2 is
very outdated and will eventually not be supported by DreamHost in
November.

Should you have any other questions or require additional assistance
please feel free to contact technical support again.
</code>

Which made me feel like it was an SMF issue over a configuration issue.  I do remember something about optimization in the settings menu and I don't know if that was the zend based stuff.

margarett

Did you have a cache accelerator configured in SMF?
Still not sure if this is a SMF-related issue...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Chon_Lee

I believe I did.  I vaguely remember having something in SMF that detected that a caching engine was installed on the server, or was it another software package.  I would have enabled it if it was available. 

margarett

Try to go to your smf_settings table and find a row "cache_enable". If different from 0, set it to 0
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Chon_Lee

Thanks all for the help... I have solved the issue, and it wasn't a SMF issue... there was a PHP.ini in the directory that was causing the issue.  Thanks Again!

Advertisement: