News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Redirect tag bug?

Started by onepiece, October 08, 2014, 02:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onepiece

Are you planning to do the same for the "redirect" tag? Currently it allows HTML and doesn't even parse BBC.

Arantor

Quote from: onepiece on October 08, 2014, 02:14:09 PM
Are you planning to do the same for the "redirect" tag? Currently it allows HTML and doesn't even parse BBC.

Then it's a bug that it was overlooked. I know I specifically referred to the other tags (including undocumented behaviour in how things like require-dir worked) but I didn't think about the redirect tag.

onepiece

The allowing HTML issue seems to be fixed with the latest version but it still doesn't parse BBC.

margarett

Yes, that's correct. 2.0.10 removes HTML from redirect but no BBC parser was included.
It's not likely that it will be fixed in 2.0 series (as it's not a critical bug) but I would suggest you to try it in 2.1. If it's not working then please fill a bug report or open an issue in GH ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

onepiece

One would expect BBC parsing being added there when use of HTML is no longer allowed. Adding a line or two for BBC parsing while fixing this issue hardly sounds unreasonable to me. I'm not interested in 2.1 at this point but for your information, HTML is currently allowed in 2.1 at GitHub.

margarett

I can see what can be done about that for 2.0.11 (if/when it is released) ;)
And in 2.1.. It shouldn't :o

Thanks ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

onepiece

Are there any plans to fix this any time soon?

Kindred

not in 2.0.13... probably not in .14 either
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: