[FREE] Go To Index Page After Pressing 'Mark Read' In Topic List

Started by Steve, October 09, 2014, 06:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

If this is a relatively easy thing to do, I'd rather it were free but if it's complicated, I'd be interested in knowing what a modder would want to charge to do what I want to do so we could talk costs.

I'm looking for a mod on vers. 2.0.9 that will do pretty much what the title says. When one is on the topic list page and clicks 'Mark Read', instead of being returned to the topic list, I'd like to be taken to the index page. I don't see the point of staying on the page that I don't want to read in the first place.

Ultimately, it would be great to have it as a user-selectable option but I'd be happy with just a simple(?) mod that changes it for everyone.

Thanks. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

margarett

Easy peasy:
Subs-Boards.php

Find:
redirectexit('board=' . $board . '.0');
line 434 in a clean file.
Replace with
redirectexit();

There should be variations of this (eg, in case of sub-boards) but this should work for the most part ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Steve

Easy for you maybe lol ...

There are two instances of that code you told me to find. Do I change both or what?

margarett

That's why I told you the line number ;)
In your case, it's 455
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Steve

Advertisement: