News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How to Edit default "Help" page ?

Started by cyberweb, October 10, 2014, 06:05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyberweb

Hi,

Does anybody know how to edit the content of "Help" page & also to rename the button Help?
(next to "Home")?

Plz advise.

thx

kat

The "Help" button links to our wiki, doesn't it?

To change the text of the button, open index.english.php, which is in the default theme's "languages" directory, and change this:

$txt['help'] = 'Help';

to:

$txt['help'] = 'WTF?';

Or whatever. :)

cyberweb

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, the Help button itself doesn't link to the wiki....but the content of the page does.
and that's my question, how to edit the text content on that Help page? I need to replace it with the content that relates to my site not SMF wiki.

Ok, got it on how to change the label of the button. Thanks!

Kindred

the contents of the help page are built in the language strings...

a better choice - if you really want to remove the basic SMF help - would be to remove/comment out the button in subs.php and then use one of the several "add a page" mods to add your own custom page.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

cyberweb

Is there any "add page" mod that you recommend?

Simpleportal mod is adding homepage to the Forum, which I don't want.

kat

Simple portal doesn't have to have a front page, if you set "Portal Mode" to "Integration", I believe...

cyberweb

Hi K@
Ok yes you're right, if I set "Portal Mode" to "Integration", then there's no front page.

But then how would I display whatever I post from Simpleportal (ex: Article, Pages, etc)? because typically those things are showing up in block location on SP front page.

Is there anyway to put a page I create from Simpleportal on the top nav bar menu?
or perhaps
create a menu on the top nav bar (ex: Help) & then put all the articles/pages from Simpleportal in there

something like that  ::)

kat

I may be being incredibly dense. Sure wouldn't be the first time. ;)

But, from what you've just said, maybe you'd be better off with something like this:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1477

I'm not sure if that'll work with 2.0.9. If you read the support topic, it may give you some pointers, about that.

Illori

Burke ♞ Knight

There is also a pages feature, built right into SimplePortal.
Then you can make a menu button to point to the page. :)

kat

ARG01

Quote from: BurkeKnight on October 13, 2014, 07:03:35 AM
There is also a pages feature, built right into SimplePortal.
Then you can make a menu button to point to the page. :)

This is the main reason that I use SP. The Blocks are nice if you are into that sort of thing but SP makes page creation a breeze. It's just easier.  ;D
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Advertisement: