a way to convert phpbb gallery to smf gallery?

Started by superj707, October 11, 2014, 07:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superj707

Is there an import system that works for this?
Thank you in advance.

margarett

Well... SMF doesn't have any "core"gallery. That means that you need to choose one first (one of the available mods) and them inquire the author about such converter ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

superj707

I thought the SMF hacks one was pretty much standards at this point.  There are others?

margarett

Well, it might be widely used, but there's no gallery officially supported by SMF.
There are some others, though ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

vbgamer45

There is no other gallery out at the moment that is actively developed other than mine.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

superj707

thanks vbgamer. So how about it? Is there a way for me to get off of the phpbb one?
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1825475 [nofollow]

vbgamer45

I would have to write a convertor or do it manually. Would need ftp/phpmyadmin access to phpBB gallery and the same with the SMF forum to copy it to.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Arantor

I just want to clear a few... inaccuracies... up here.

There are three available gallery mods, two of which are actively maintained.

There is Aeva Media - which is very powerful but not maintained.
There is SMF Packs Multimedia Gallery - which is maintained but has some issues.
There is SMF Hacks Gallery Pro (and lite) - which is maintained but is not as powerful as either of the others.

There is also a fourth gallery currently in development, by me. Expected release date later this month.

vbgamer45

Nothing that I stated was inaccurate at all. Aeva media is dead it is not a good choice for the long term user for a gallery.
SMF Packs I haven't seen any product updates posted well other than the initial release and doesn't come close to the feature set that SMF Gallery Pro has.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Arantor

Aside from a number of bug fixes to SMF Packs Gallery after the initial post. As for feature set... it supports audio and video, in a way I don't think yours does.

I'd also note that more features is not necessarily better.

vbgamer45

Hmm wasn't aware of bug fixes. Hard to gauge when there isn't public forums, nor posted updates anywhere.
But yes I support videos and audio as well.

I stand by the products I sell, provide quick support, fast releases/bug fixes, and stable development for 8 years.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Arantor

Did you merge your video addon into the main gallery since last time I looked?

superj707

well I didn't mean to start any kind of a debate here. I really didn't realize there were so many options.
As long as I can import from phpbb that would work for me as I am moving to an SMF system.

So do any of these options already offer an import from the phpbb gallery linked above?

Nick over at phpbb won't be supporting it anymore. I need to convert anyway.

Arantor

No, none of the current options offer importing from phpBB gallery currently.

superj707

Quote from: Arantor on October 12, 2014, 03:47:07 PM
No, none of the current options offer importing from phpBB gallery currently.
guess I'll choose the first one who makes that happen. 

Advertisement: