News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Off-line viewing of SMF Forum?

Started by Rust, October 11, 2014, 10:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rust

Hello all.  I downloaded an SMF forum I used to run and I'd like to view the content in a browser (Chrome) on a Windows 7 machine.  I've done some searching online (didn't turn up a lot) and on the forum (got a million false positives), so I figured I'd ask.

Anyone know of a way to do this?  Thanks!

Kindred

If you have the database, you  can set up a wamp server locally and then install smf with the backed up database into the wamp server.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Rust

Yes, I have the database and all the related content for the forum.  I'd like to view it in a browser, more or less, as it was online, so I think I need more than wamp.  Are there any instructions on how to do that?  I am getting a ton of false positives with googling.  Thanks.

Kindred

Not sure... Setting up a server, real or wamp goes well beyond the instructions we normally give...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Setting up Wamp is basically a case of downloading the installer and running it... it then creates a bunch of folders in C:\wamp\www where C:\wamp\www maps to become http://localhost/ in the browser.

After that it's just as if you were moving a site between servers (copy the files, import the DB, repair_settings.php)

Advertisement: