Highly Successful Subscription Mod Fundraising Tactics

Started by DoctorMason, October 12, 2014, 01:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorMason

Irisado

If you want to advertise your forum, please use the Showcase board.

Please could you explain the purpose of this topic more clearly.  I don't understand what is being asked.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

DoctorMason

Kindred

Well, for one - that was not clear form your original post.  Your past is somewhat rambling and doesn't seem to be focused on anything specifically...

For two - I am still unsure what you mean by the term "mod".
In smf terms, mod is either short of moderator or modification package,.. Neither of which seems to fit with your original post or your clarification...

As for views...   It's an irrelevant statistic since you have no idea if it was bots scanning the site and hitting this post or if it was actual people...   Neither of which matters since, I don't think most people will have anything Much to say (read points one and two above)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DoctorMason

Kindred

Well, I am american...  With English as a first language and several others as secondary...  So, if I could not understand, then I think the majority of the non-primary english speakers here would have had an issue as well.

Additionally, something which leads to further confusion,  smf does not use a mod package for subscriptions...  It's a standard feature

Finally, now that I seem to have identified what you are talking about, I have to disagree most vehemently with your initial suggestion/statement. I disagree, in general with pay-to-play forums. I disagree, in specific, with the idea that you presented - demanding money from users in order for them to contribute to your forum is just plain stupid, IMO...

Oh... And you can't do things like add a signature or avatar until you have 10 posts..
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DoctorMason

Kindred

What??
What who said,when I informed them of what?

I am the project manager  for the SMF project....

I disagree with your entire concept. .. and disbelieve your title... this is not "highly successful" since you will never get users to sign up in any quantity for this sort of scheme...

There are some cases in which a forum owner can get the users to pay in order to sign up and read the site. .. but even then, you have to have something unique that can be found nowhere else. For any other forum, with non-unique content, the users will just go somewhere else.
In your suggestions,  you take it beyond even that,  demanding that your users pay... and continue to pay, just for the right to reply.  That is, imo, the silliest idea I have heard in a long time!

As for the smf developers. .. why would I complain to them about anything that you said?
1 they tend to agree with me
2 what you have stated has nothing to do with smf development

I am not attacking the messenger... I am attacking silly ideas that would cripple or kill almost any forum that tried them...
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

Especially as they have been tried before and have not shown to be wildly successful in the past... this would have to be something absolutely unique and utterly compelling to make it work.

Advertisement: